Double Trouble! (Help on Double Doors Drawing)

Numerics

You are creating geometry form 2 separate disciplines. I would make it 2 separate drawings.

ok, so for the double door swing, there is 3 lays, right?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Numerics

• TimSpangler

• ReMark

• Rebel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look back at your very first post. See the words Draw the double door symbol...?

If you're going to be using this symbol in more than one location in your drawing or in more than one drawing wouldn't it be a good idea to create a block?

It's your assignment. I kind of expect you would know what your instructor is looking for right? Please tell us you did not skip class the day the assignment was handed out because the weather was so nice you just had to play frisbee with your dog.

For the door I see 2 layers

for the rocker I see 3 layers

ok whew, yeah, i was thinking 2 for the door, that is where i got confused. ^^

this is becoming very overwhelming for some reason, i have a feeling i should've sat through this unit in one sitting, but instead i spread it out over a span of three days, now my mind is kinda.. scattered, and i am panicking :shock:

Look back at your very first post. See the words Draw the double door symbol...?

If you're going to be using this symbol in more than one location in your drawing or in more than one drawing wouldn't it be a good idea to create a block?

It's your assignment. I kind of expect you would know what your instructor is looking for right? Please tell us you did not skip class the day the assignment was handed out because the weather was so nice you just had to play frisbee with your dog.

lol no, this exercise will not be used again, this is the final exercise of the unit, then we start with something totally different after this, that is why it isn't totally necessary to hold onto it for future projects, but i do keep all of the work i've done, just in case i ever need to go back to it, 6 unit's have gone by, and i never had to backtrack though, except for a few specialization exercises, but that is stated in a very obvious manner.

This, on the other hand, is just a one time deal ^.^

Unless he's planning to pull this out when we least expect it. :o

ok whew, yeah, i was thinking 2 for the door, that is where i got confused. ^^

this is becoming very overwhelming for some reason, i have a feeling i should've sat through this unit in one sitting, but instead i spread it out over a span of three days, now my mind is kinda.. scattered, and i am panicking :shock:

Lets look at them as 2 separate drawings: The Door & The Rocker

Lets focus on one at a time: The Rocker (since it will take the longest)

Lets look at them as 2 separate drawings: The Door & The Rocker

Lets focus on one at a time: The Rocker (since it will take the longest)

okay, i don't even know where to start with that..., should i start with the circle and polygon?

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I shall exit the conversation and let Tim guide you. I wish you well in your class.

Thank you for your help, ReMark ^.^

Start a new drawing, SaveAs - Rocker.

Then start by creating the layers. Were you given properties for layers? (color, linetype, etc)

Start a new drawing, SaveAs - Rocker.

Then start by creating the layers. Were you given properties for layers? (color, linetype, etc)

no, no properties for layers, just um.. an A size paper should be used, to create the double door symbol, and the instructions state that i can use a prototype drawing i completed earlier to begin the drawing, i made a stove, a breakfast bar, and a polygon earlier on.

and none of them consisted of layers, but my previous unit did work with all layers, could it be one of the drawings from there? i made a mapping of an L block with several layers, and views.

and some other drawing with layers that uses circles and arcs, but is kinda irrelevant.

"Draw the double door symbol. Use A size paper and create the double door symbol. Use figure 6.27 on page 156 as a guide, making the wall sections 6" thick, and the doors 2'-6" wide. YOU need to determine the limits (remember, do NOT scale the geometry). YOU need to determine what layers to create."

For simplicity just create the 3 new layers in the new drawing.

OBJ - COLOR 7, LINETYPE - BYLAYER, LINEWIEGHT - BYLAYER

DIMS - COLOR 3, LINETYPE - BYLAYER, LINEWIEGHT - BYLAYER

CONST - COLOR 2, LINETYPE - BYLAYER, LINEWIEGHT - BYLAYER

Once the starting point is established we will start by creating vertical and horizontal construction lines at that point.

Remembering that we are only using the Circle, Arc and Polygon commands.

Also this point should be 0,0

Step1.png

Once the starting point is established we will start by creating vertical and horizontal construction lines at that point.

the circle/6 sided polygon can be the center, yes?

centerp.png

Remembering that we are only using the Circle, Arc and Polygon commands.

Also this point should be 0,0

:oops: um forgive my lack of comprehension right now, but what point should be 0,0, the center of the circle? or ?