Automatically generate a Layout Tab

dblclkmatt

Hey guys,

This seems like an impossible maneuver, but I'd kick myself if I didn't ask the question.

What'd I'd like to do:

Essentially draw a selection box/window around an object in model space, and it is auto-magically captured inside of a viewport on a brand new Layout tab (duplicating the layout settings of an already existing "master" tab).

I'm so used to using the "Print Window" feature, it seems liked it'd be possible to snapshot objects in this manner in a more permanent fashion, making plotting quicker and easier. Especially if I need to do multiple prints.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Alternatives?

Thanks guys!

Go the way of Nestly, the only extra question is what scale do you want the new mview at. You can do basicly any view you like auto front back top etc Not something I do.

This may help http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?12626-Creating-multiple-layout-tabs

Add just pick point in model space 1st, run lisp above use CTAB to make current layout, make a mview then in your new mview Z C pt scale.

Would something like this work?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48579[/ATTACH]

This is actually the method I have been using. But sometimes when I hold CTRL, my AutoCAD locks up on me until I release the CTRL key. So that's why I was looking for an alternative method that might have been a little more automated.

Maybe you better batch print from model space? This will be faster.

Or so, but it's extra work:

I think I understand what the video is showing, but I don't have the file that he references in the beginning, which I assume is what contains the list of commands he's using (because I don't have those either).

Go the way of Nestly, the only extra question is what scale do you want the new mview at. You can do basicly any view you like auto front back top etc Not something I do.

This may help http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?12626-Creating-multiple-layout-tabs

Add just pick point in model space 1st, run lisp above use CTAB to make current layout, make a mview then in your new mview Z C pt scale.

I'm not sure what the CTAB command is performing. I type it, selected the layout I want to copy, and nothing happens. That would be a quick alternative to using the CTRL+Drag feature if I could get it to work.

To answer your question, I'd like it to the scaled to fit the selection to the window. Just as the zoom tool does. I was just looking for it to be a little more automated. I'm very familiar with Adobe programs and their list of "Actions" that takes care of a lot of the mundane, "click this, click that, scale that to this, duplicate that to there, save" and automatically performs them all.

I was thinking there might be a LISP that could perform this task. I figured I wasn't the first person to ask the question.

I think I understand what the video is showing, but I don't have the file that he references in the beginning, which I assume is what contains the list of commands he's using (because I don't have those either).

http://experement.spb.ru/wiki/doku.php?id=vport_pp

All possible options:

http://forum.dwg.ru/showthread.php?t=104517