• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cad2762

• ReMark

• Tuns

• dbroada

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it isn't correct if it can't be found. What is the name of the image? The file path should be something like M:/DATA/AERIAL_PHOTOS/2012/84235/RGB_10cm_1km_Jpeg _Tiles/image.jpeg

If you type -image in the command line then A for attach you get a dialog box pop up which then requires you to browse through the various folders, with -image;attach;M:/DATA/AERIAL_PHOTOS/2012/84235/RGB_10cm_1km_Jpeg _Tiles;\1;0;

at the attach point in your string this is where it must be falling over.

No, it isn't. This: RGB_10cm_1km_Jpeg _Tiles is not the name of an image it is the name of a directory.

This is an example of a name of an image: myimage.jpg

I'm not trying to specify an image I'm trying to get the folder displayed that has the images within it, RGB_10cm_1km_Jpeg is the folder name!

Jesus Christ... You could have said that 11 posts ago... I don't know of a macro to simply open a folder to display the images in it. That sounds like it would be a manual job.

I think you'll have to resort to using a different method (not a macro) so you can browse a folder to select an individual file out of a bunch of files.

Jesus Christ... You could have said that 11 posts ago... I don't know of a macro to simply open a folder to display the images in it.

His name is Cad2762 not J.C. And he probably did say it 11 posts ago but not as clearly as he has now. Our bad.

if you have a space in your path (such as between Jpeg & _Tiles) you have to enclose the string in "quotes". The quotes aren't required if you don't have spaces.

He wants to browse a folder using a macro. I don't see that as being possible. Am I right or wrong?

You aren't wrong there.

I don't know if you can run a .bat from a macro but I don't think it would be impossible. What did you have in mind?

The SHELL command allow this to happen, I am no expert here, but would it be possible to incorporate a batch file that browses to a location. The tricky part would be to have it incorporate that within the AutoCAD dialogue windows.

15+ years ago I was creating custom menu pull downs for our team, using Autoexec.bat, creating script files etc but since being very unwell about 3 years ago I now find it harder to concentrate on this type of thing, I have no problem turing my drawings out day after day but do now struggle a bit with this type of thing.

How about a macro that calls a lisp routine that incorporates the "getfiled" function? Once the file is selected though then what? Is control returned to the macro or does it remain with the lisp routine?