How to change coordinates of a drawing?

Hi,

Im using AutoCAD LT version 2002. I would like to know how I can change the co ordinates of an existing drawing of unknown coordinates to new specific co ordinate?

Thanks.

Try the command UCS, then MOVE.. to your new co-ordinate .

not 100% sure for LT though

Thanks, But I am not looking to change the UCS. I should explain it a bit clearly infact.

For ex, I have square block with co-ordinates 10,20 and 50,60. i am looking at, how to change these co-ordinates to 30,50 and 60,90.

Any sugesstions?

Thanks in advance.

Moving the square block will give it new coordinates..is this an option?

10,20 and 50,60. i am looking at, how to change these co-ordinates to 30,50 and 60,90.

I'm a bit confused because your example, first point has moved x=20 & y=30 but your second point has moved x=10 & y=30.

Is your square being distorted or is this a typo.

Moving the square block will give it new coordinates..is this an option?

I'm a bit confused because your example, first point has moved x=20 & y=30 but your second point has moved x=10 & y=30.

Is your square being distorted or is this a typo.

Yes, i want the square to be distorted.

I want to change the start and end point, it doesnot matter if the square become a rectangle.

Yes, i want the square to be distorted.

I want to change the start and end point, it doesnot matter if the square become a rectangle.

Guys,

Can anyone help me with this?

You may have to be even more specific. For instance; what is special about the first “Square”. If it is just a square, then creating a new rectangle with the appropriate coordinates would probably be as easy as anything. Maybe do a _matchprop befor deleting the original.

Or, is the “Square” just the outside perimeter of more complex geometry, making a Non Uniform Scale operation more efficient. If that were the case then creating a BLOCK from the complex geometry, insert that as a Block Reference, then modifying the individual scale factors would possibly be easier.

Scale Factors X = NewRecX / OriginalRecX

Scale Factors Y = NewRecY / OriginalRecY

I work with state coordinates quite often. These are in the millions usually, for the intial point is some place in the Pacific Ocean.

To cheat, I just do a MOVE. Turn on every single layer, hit move, select all, then say to yourself, from this intersection here, it needs to be such a coordinate. The UCS will tag along automatically.

Then go about you design, and the typewritten report will have the new coordinates per point showing up, and distances are the same. Do not forget to reset the drawing limits though.

wM.