2015 issues

084x4larry

Hello All,

Well my boss upgraded me to 2015 acad and also bought a new box for me! Oddly enough the system doesnt seem as fast as i thought it was going to be with 8 gigs ram, 2.8 gh solidstate processor and quadro 2000 graphics card! when i first loaded autocad i also got a message about the card not being compatable?:unsure: anywho one good example of the sluggishness is like when i click on the tools tab and then click options, it takes like a whole 2 minutes for the options dialogue box to appear!! That is weird and i was wondering if anyone might have an idea what the problem might be. Thanks!

Congratulations!

And isn't THAT annoying!

Not necessarily in that order.

Is it only slow the first time you choose OPTIONS after booting the program, or is that every time?

Does it take as long if you right click inside the commandline, and choose OPTIONS on the shortcut menu, or at the bottom of the right click shortcut menu?

AutoCAD2015 uses an all new graphics subsystem... and it's quite buggy.

I would first suggest making sure you're Quadro driver is up to date LINK

Other things to check or change are to temporarily disable Hardware Acceleration and test. (GRAPHICSCONFIG)

Also some users have reported better performance when rolling back to DirectX9 LINK

Congratulations!

And isn't THAT annoying!

Not necessarily in that order.

Is it only slow the first time you choose OPTIONS after booting the program, or is that every time?

Does it take as long if you right click inside the commandline, and choose OPTIONS on the shortcut menu, or at the bottom of the right click shortcut menu?

it is slower the first time after boot up but even thereafter it still takes about 6 full seconds which still seems slow to me

You might also want to consider killing off the InfoCenter (a.k.a. - the CommCenter).

Is your computer on a network?

how do you kill the thing?

Yes it is on a network so what might that mean?

AutoCAD2015 uses an all new graphics subsystem... and it's quite buggy.

I would first suggest making sure you're Quadro driver is up to date LINK

Other things to check or change are to temporarily disable Hardware Acceleration and test. (GRAPHICSCONFIG)

Also some users have reported better performance when rolling back to DirectX9 LINK

at that link it did not give 2015 cad as an option

how difficult is the graphicsconfig test?

Re: GRAPHICSCONFIG. Hardware acceleration is either enabled or disabled. The "test" merely means to see how your system responds to any change made to the setting. Does it work the same, better or worse?

Re: GRAPHICSCONFIG. Hardware acceleration is either enabled or disabled. The "test" merely means to see how your system responds to any change made to the setting. Does it work the same, better or worse?
There's a button on the task bar for switching Hardware Acceleration on and off in 2015. Well, there is the option to show the button if it is checked off. If you don't see it, it's blue, click the far right grate (not great) looking button and check it off.

Yes indeed, the 2015 Graphics "Improvements" are a bit buggy. I am not sure it is completely a graphics problem, but it does seem like the video card and/or the program just forgot where to put a whole layer of stuff, and that it had already put it somewhere else. It incremented the foolishness along with panning, as in "Hey, here's a new screen to display, now where does this stuff go again?".

The other day, my program decided to copy and paste EVERY multileader along with it's text and/or block, exactly 3'-2 1/16" perfectly along the Y axis. There are over 400 of them in this drawing, and suddenly I had 800 of them, and it was not fixable with undo either. The drawing looked like it was covered in red (by layer) spiderwebs. Actually, it did not happen all at once, but as I panned to a new area, they would appear as I released the pan (wheel). They did disappear for good as they were erased, but the maddening part was they continued to appear out ahead of me in parts of modelspace I had not panned to, as I tried to get rid of them. I cleared them all out, saved, closed the program and re-opened it, and it has not happened again.

I could not come up with a logical way to get rid of them. They were REAL drawing entities too. Not just a regen anomally. Since they were already duplicated in many instances within the original bunch I wanted to keep, there seemed to be no way to use qselect or any other sort of search filter on them.

.... when i click on the tools tab and then click options, it takes like a whole 2 minutes for the options dialogue box to appear!! .

Sounds a lot like AutoCAD is looking for something it can't find.

Shut down AutoCAD.

Unplug your network cable.

Disable any other network connections like WiFi

Restart AutoCAD

Run the Options command again.

Any change?