Printing an AutoCAD 2012 drawing in Word- -Prints thumbnail size only

kcfirtel

I am new to AutCAD 2012 and I am writing a visual math book. I have had great success with my drawings. I am trying to post some of my drawings to a teachers online site. I have to copy my drawings in to Microsoft Office Word 2007 which I am able to do. The problem arises when I go to print, it will only print out a thumbnail size of my drawing.

Can anyone help

If you go to the Application Button > Export > Other Formats, choose "Metafile (*.wmf)" in the Files of Type drop-down menu. It will then prompt you to select the objects you wish to be contained in the image export.

A Windows Metafile is vector-based, and it is compatible with all Microsoft products such as Word. With it being a vector graphic it will maintain the highest quality of resolution as you rescale the image to fit your format.

Thank you,

Still learning. That makes sense

If you go to the Application Button > Export > Other Formats, choose "Metafile (*.wmf)" in the Files of Type drop-down menu. It will then prompt you to select the objects you wish to be contained in the image export.

A Windows Metafile is vector-based, and it is compatible with all Microsoft products such as Word. With it being a vector graphic it will maintain the highest quality of resolution as you rescale the image to fit your format.

Hi again,

I tried using "metafile" (*.wmf). It showed up fine in Word, but when I went to print it printed as a thumbnail size again.

Any suggestions?

KC

Thank you,

Still learning. That makes sense

How are you inserting the image into Word?

Are you using "Insert - Picture - From File", or something else?

Hi Eldon,

In a "Metafile (*.wmf)" file , when it prompts me to select image, I just copy the image. I then go to my Word document and paste in drawing. It appears the correct size on screen, but when I print or view as print preview, it is thumbnail size.

Thank you

KC

I am afraid that the first part of your procedure has got me baffled. When you get the image into the document, can you re-size the image?

The way I do it is to have the Word document open, and then "Insert" a picture using the .wmf file directly, which would seem a less complicated way of doing things, with no clipboard involved. The picture is then able to be sized, moved and can also be cropped.

Thank you for your help.

I got it to work.

I've been told that I like to do things the hard way and I guess that this was a fine example.

Thanks again