command hot keys

alkorm77

interesting isn't it. The 2 fastest in our office only use the keyboard with everything defined in one or two keystrokes (plus ). It is painful watching all the others using menus and toolbars.

just an observation - no help to your problem.

I'm getting sick of cleaning blood off the walls of my office. Whenever a fellow engineer watches how fast I draw using keyboard commands (not even having to look at the keyboard while I use it) their heads explode.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TimZilla

• dbroada

• Cad64

• alkorm77

In most windows-based software just hit the "Alt" key. Any letter that appears underlined in a command menu will then be a hot key. Almost every program features the copy/cut and paste commands- ctrl+c, x, or v.

When using a ctrl command you hold down ctrl while hitting the next key.

When using an alt key command you hit and release alt before entering the next key.

In autocad 2009 I use alt-d-l,t,c-d, c-r, etc all the time. Same for dimensioning and all the others. Dims would be alt-n-l, o, b, etc

I work with Fire Sprinklers using a program called HydraCAD. There is a plot style we have called Hydragrey. Which basically prints certain things darker than other based on the layer ( not color )

I want to make it to where it prints my walls a little bit darker. Ive tried changing the color and that's when i figured it was set up by layer. Any advice on a way to edit this?

Ive looked all around and couldn't figure it out. :x

Did you get an answer to this yet?

If you give me more info I'm sure I could help you.

Are you saying the color is set "by block"?

Are you printing in greyscale?

I'm getting sick of cleaning blood off the walls of my office. Whenever a fellow engineer watches how fast I draw using keyboard commands (not even having to look at the keyboard while I use it) their heads explode.

I'm the same way, they teach "buttons", 'Menus" and "tool bars" in any classes i've been too. it's funny as heck to watch them wonder around the screen looking for something, and notice that their drawing space is little bitty thing cause they have ALL the menus out. Here's my short cuts.

every thing is kept to the left side of the keyboard for even fast use with on hand on the keyboard one had on the mouse.

f,	*line
a,	*mirror
g,	matchprop
c,	*COPY
v,	*MOVE
g,	*MATCHPROP
r,	*ROTATE
ex,	*EXPLODE
o,	*offset
sd,	*dimlinear
ad,	*dimaligned
rc,	*revcloud
sc,	*scale
tr,	*Trim
et,	*extend
ct,	*chamfer
bd,	*Cads_rc_Sod
ab,	*Cads_rc_AssignRelease
ad	*cads_rc_AssignBars
rd,	*cads_rc_OrderDlg
RE,	*Cads_Rc_Sync
B,	*cads_rc_bars
ba,	*Cads_RC_MM
x,	*cads_rc_range
REF,    *cads_rc_barref
red,	*cads_rc_dlg_edit
ss,     *cads_rc_stretch
cfg,	*cads_rc_config
QT,	*cads_rc_tools
ta,	*cads_rc_ptake
VR,	*CADS_VPM_CREATE_VIEWPORT
DE,     *DIST
xD,     *xLINE
R,	*ROTATE
RT,	*Laymcur
CR,	*LAYCUR
CC,	*CIRCLE
RC,	*REVCLOUD
SQ,	*SPLINE
qs,	*qsave
Q1,	*cads_rc_leader1
Q2,	*cads_rc_leader2
Q3,	*cads_rc_leader3
as,	*layoff
ft, 	*fillet
fd,	*find
s2v, 	*cads_rc_set2view
v2s, 	*cads
ed,	*cad_rc_lbar
ff,	*'osnap

• 1 year later...

It is possible to fully customize your keyboard to accept and send any command or combination of commands from any predefined combination of keys such as ( ( ctrl + any key ) ( Alt + any key ) For example I have ( Alt + I ) set up to run the following command on the command line [ Command: ._insert ENTER ]. I also have more complex instructions sent to the command line such as key combination ( Ctrl + ` ) which will send to the command line [ Command: (setq v1 (getvar "osmode"))(setvar "osmode" 1)(COMMAND "LINETYPE" "S" "CONTINUOUS" "" "lINE" PAUSE PAUSE "")(setvar "osmode" v1)(PRIN1) ENTER ] It is very easy to set up the command line to accept any and all key combinations and to run any predefined Lisp. You can bypass or or overwrite any Native Autocad hotkey .pgp definition or CUI key definition with out messing with the CUI at all. This can be done through the OS through low level key hook manipulation. I would be glad to show any one how. If you want to find out more on this subject just google " LE Hotkeymanager 2012" , or Email me and I will explain these short cutting methods for AutoCAD.

Edited by 3dclip