When you have lots of Drawings open

Elly26

ReMark, picture opening like 30 to 40 drawings at a time to either print or "PDF". It would save a whole of time wasted if I get them in order searching for them from small to largest.

That's where a script would come in handy. Work smarter not harder.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elly26

• RobDraw

• Cad64

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Rob,

I am aware of the Publish command, but unfortunately it does not have the "Preview" option when you do it. Which is quite important instead of having to go back and check the printed documents or PDFs.

It is quite important to set-up your drawings to print properly prior to using publish. This is what most people do.

Most people also check their prints after printing.

I can not find the lisp which batches but before each drawing it previews it.

There is no value in having a preview during an automated process. Who wants to sit there and okay potentially hundreds of drawings?

You are talking about triple checking your drawings. One to set-up the print, one to verify the set-up is correct during printing, and another after you print.

Go with what ReMark said, "Work smarter, not harder."

Edited by RobDraw

RobDraw,

The value in the triple checking is if you PDF something you know that it is PDFed correctly, within the frame, right scale and so on. So yes I would like a preview for each drawing before I plot and print. You waste more time checking afterwards...

If you are plotting from a layout there should be no reason to preview assuming all plot parameters have not changed for some inexplicable reason.

Giving you time to make that check of the final product. Problems are more likely to show up after printing. Settings are easy. Machines are less reliable in my experience. I look at each and every sheet that I generate, be it PDF or hard copy, before they go out. I've got more confidence in my plot settings than I do in even our expensive plotters and PDF software.

The dilemma is that each discipline do their drawings differently, so they behave differently somehow.

IMHO, that shouldn't happen but it shouldn't matter. I don't know enough about your work environment to offer suggestions but there are ways to manage these problems that will make your job easier. Getting them adopted into your standards could help you out a lot.