What happened to www.dailyautocad.com?

LibertyOne

Today I was trying to link to a tutorial from caddigest.com.

This is the link: http://www.dailyautocad.com/2007/11/visuallisp-calculating-slope-between.html

but when I click on this I get sent to the Autodesk website. I read that Autodesk was against SOPA, but being the website "dailyautocad" has the name "autocad" in it's title, perhaps Autodesk is against that and decided to hijack the website, and reroutes all seekers of this website to Autodesk. :?

Does anyone have any information on this?

These guys had some great tips and tutorials. And I've visited the site quite frequently. Just a bit strange being rerouted to Autodesk...

Talia Cad Software Ltd. ran dailyautocad.com. Not sure what happened maybe the domain name came up for grab and Autodesk bought it, hard to say. You might try contacting Talia Cad Software Ltd.

Talia Cad Software Ltd. ran dailyautocad.com. Not sure what happened maybe the domain name came up for grab and Autodesk bought it, hard to say. You might try contacting Talia Cad Software Ltd.

Thanks SLW210, That was the bit of info I was looking for. A bunch of Turks that have their ducks in a row.

You could always try using The WayBack Machine (image is linked):

^^ One of my favorite sites :geek:

Just listed that in my favorites! Thanks, RenderMan!! :)

• 4 months later...

I'm resurrecting this thread because I have some information on this.

At the end of 2011, Autodesk decided to stop website owners using autodesk product names in domain names. A number of sites have had to change their domain, including our own Michael Beall. His site was called autocadtrainerguy.com because he's a guy who trains people to use autocad. You'd think that was a fair description but Autodesk didn't think so and he has had to change to cadtrainerguy.com. His original domain name is now owned by autodesk.

There are other examples, autocadeverything.com, now called cadeverything.com etc.

It seems that Autodesk now owns the dailyautocad.com domain and they have pointed it back to their own site. However, the content is still out there temporarily on Blogger. I don't know how long it will remain available and currently most of the images are missing.

I am currently making some enquiries because Daily AutoCAD is a resource that should be saved and made available to anyone who needs it - I'd love to provide a permanent home for it. I can't find an email address for Orhan Toker, the site owner, so if anyone can help with information, please PM me.

• 4 months later...