Very frustrated with trying to save a dwg as a dxf.

Treehugger

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Treehugger

• Jack_O'neill

• eldon

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK thanks for your help.

Here goes: dropbox file

I have another drawing but I am unable to save it as a 2000 version without the aforementioned error message popping up!

The package I am trying to install the R12 dxf version on is PocketGIS (just in case you are interested!

Thanks for your time it is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Treehugger

OK thanks for your help.

Here goes: dropbox file

I have another drawing but I am unable to save it as a 2000 version without the aforementioned error message popping up!

The package I am trying to install the R12 dxf version on is PocketGIS (just in case you are interested!

Thanks for your time it is greatly appreciated.

Download doesn't work in Firefox for me.

Have you tried (making a copy of) and the just exploding the heck out of everything?

When I tried to open that file, it pops up the shx dialog box because geocomp.shx wasn't on my system. If I hit cancel, it opens the drawing. If I create the dxf at this point, I get the same error message you reported in your original post.

You will need to go here: http://www.geocomp.com.au/support/ and download that geocomp.shx shape file. Put it in your Autocad fonts folder, then create your dxf file. Should solve your problem. Worked on my system.

Zipped file attached.

reehugger1_1.zip

Download doesn't work in Firefox for me.

Have you tried (making a copy of) and the just exploding the heck out of everything?

Paste the link into the "open" dialog box in autocad, it will work that way.

Wow thanks Jack!

Could you look into this one too please?

Thank you.

When I try to open this one, it says "drawing file not valid". Which version of Autocad are you using? I'm on 2010.

edit--Trueview won't open this one either. Something wrong with the file.

It opened for me on 2010.

hmmm....maybe my machine was mad because I was making it work on saturday. I'll try again when I get back home. In the mean time, if you're getting the same messages, or the same type of messages, you'll have to find the missing shape/font/whatever.