Extrude At angle ?

fpanjsh4

You can extrude an object at any any 3D angle you need to look into UCS, you just create a new ucs draw object then extrude.

I'm not certain I follow you BIGAL, I haven't tried adjusting the UCS to extrude. I've extruded at an angle by drawing a line into the z-axis and rotating it to the angle I want (or the line could be drawn to the angle you want) then extrude using the line as the path.

Is there a command to extrude something at like a an angle. Im not talking about taper but something that could extrude at an angle

Do you know how to reorient your UCS? Yes/No/What is a UCS?

Yes, I remember. What is it that you are expecting me to do?

I'll take a wild guess here and assume you want me to tell the OP how to manipulate the UCS.

1) Manually...from the command line. Ex. - UCS > X > 90. Make sure your UCS icon is showing. UCSICON > On.

2) Via the Ribbon. In a 3D Modeling workspace look on either the Home or View tabs for the Coordinate panel. Multiple choices for orienting the UCS icon are available.

3) Allow/Disallow Dynamic UCS (F6 key to toggle). There is a button for this in the lower left-hand corner of your screen sandwiched between the ones for Object Snap Tracking and Dynamic Input.

Edited by ReMark

Is there a command to extrude something at like a an angle. Im not talking about taper but something that could extrude at an angle

Attach 2d drawing representative of what you are trying to do.

Perhaps Sweep is the easiest answer to your problem.

I'll take a wild guess here and assume you want me to tell the OP how to manipulate the UCS.

Manipulating my UCS...not since I was a teenager.....er, oh, sorry,

Yes, the UCS is our friend and if you're trying to do things in 3D it is highly recommended that you master this feature of AutoCAD. I was confused when I started with it too, and even today sometime I find that it takes me a couple of tries to get the rotation about the correct axis as I need it. But once I got this understood, the 3D world really opened up for me.

Pity I was going to paste how to make a 3d TIN surface model with a base elevation into a 3d solid so it has a "thicknes rather than wafer thick as an example of using ucs

re borehole logs.