fatal error

BriLav123

I was copying part of a large file and ended it before it was done and the program froze---now even after shutting down and restarting--- when I try to open autocad 2000, all I get is ---Fatal Error : Unhandled e06d7363h exception at 7593d36fh ---and then it closes. does anyone know how to get past this?

I tried that error message over at the AutoDesk website but got no hits.

You were trying to copy from one drawing to another when the problem occurred?

Have you tried shutting down AutoCAD then restarting it?

Correction: Have you tried shutting down your computer then restarting? A "cold boot" as in power off completely, wait 20 seconds, then power back up.

For the record...

From PC Mag

Definition of: cold boot

Starting the computer by turning power on. Turning power off and then back on again clears memory and many internal settings. Some program failures will lock up the computer and require a cold boot to use the computer again. In other cases, only a warm boot is required.

Definition of: warm boot

Restarting the computer by performing a reset operation (pressing reset, Ctrl-Alt-Del, etc.) while the computer is still turned on. The restart does not turn the power off.

Correction: Have you tried shutting down your computer then restarting? A "cold boot" as in power off completely, wait 20 seconds, then power back up.

Yes

I tried that error message over at the AutoDesk website but got no hits.

You were trying to copy from one drawing to another when the problem occurred?

Have you tried shutting down AutoCAD then restarting it?

Yes, I was trying to copy to paste into a new drawing but never got that far and yes I tried shutting down AutoCad and rebooting several times --with no luck

I'm not 100% positive AutoCAD 2000 had a Repair option. Can anyone here confirm?

If it doesn't then you would have to reinstall the software.

Did you do any customizing?

That's good. You won't overwrite anything of importance then.

Do you have any custom linetypes, hatch patterns or fonts stored with the corresponding AutoCAD folder that you need to copy or move first? How about any lisp routines?

Best way I think would be to re-install as sometimes a repair doesn't work. If you have to do a repair then I think a re-install is better for your time!

That's good. You won't overwrite anything of importance then.

Do you have any custom linetypes, hatch patterns or fonts stored with the corresponding AutoCAD folder that you need to copy or move first? How about any lisp routines?

Nothing custom

I'm sorry, I misread your original post. I thought you were having trouble opening that file again. Dug around on the Autodesk site, and all I can find about similar situations says to uninstall and reinstall.

Best way I think would be to re-install as sometimes a repair doesn't work. If you have to do a repair then I think a re-install is better for your time!

Not really, you should always try a REPAIR first, then a REMOVE/INSTALL, IF a REPAIR does not work. Search the WWW for reason why you should do this.