Mouse DPI

MisterJingles

Hi all

I wanted to know, when you look into a new mouse for your cad work how much importance do you place on the DPI rating?

I only ask because I currently use a 1000DPI mouse and when I used a family members 5000DPI mouse for a week I found no difference whatsoever.

I was unable to edit the DPI setting and only assumed it was set at a default of 5000 but I really couldn't tell a difference.

Is there a minimum rating which you guys generally do not go below and thereafter rather focus on functionality and features?

Thanks

I don't see where having a mouse with a high DPI rating is all that beneficial in CAD work. Maybe in gaming in might make a difference. It's never been an issue for me and I don't pay any attention to a mouse's DPI rating when I buy one. Fit, feel and comfort are my main criteria.

Thanks ReMark, that's what I was expecting to hear.

Forum mods I think you may want to review Eldon's status as forum deity :?

My mistake, next time I'll be sure to slap a smiley face so my jokes don't go un-noticed ... :)

I should really thank you for providing the opportunity. I have waited years to be able to post that particularly useless nugget of information. I can retire happy now :D

I should really thank you for providing the opportunity. I have waited years to be able to post that particularly useless nugget of information. I can retire happy now :D

Hardly useless. Someday sir someone having read this topic is going to be sitting on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire answering the final question ... "In what unit is the speed of a computer mouse measured?" :) And who do you think they're going to credit for knowing the answer? That Eldon guy from Cadtutor.com!!!!