• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• basty

• ReMark

• Cad64

• eldon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't see the Properties palette. Where is it?

You should be able to select the dimension object, right click, and find Properties on the menu that appears.

I keep my Properties windows docked on the left side. It's easier than opening and closing it all the time.

basty: Perhaps a Basic AutoCAD course might do you some good.

View tab > Palettes panel > Properties icon or input the command Properties at the command line and press the Enter key.

basty: Perhaps a Basic AutoCAD course might do you some good.

View tab > Palettes panel > Properties icon or input the command Properties at the command line and press the Enter key.

Where is this View tab located?

Don't forget that I am using AutoCAD 2014 in classic mode.

This is the Properties palette I get (see below image) by selecting the dimension > right click on it > then choose Properties.

There is no "oblique" option in the Properties of mine.

prop.png

Basty, look at the top of your properties panel where it says "No Selection". You need to have something selected in order to view its properties. Maybe you should take ReMark's advice and take a basic Autocad course.

basty: In Classic you should still be able to enter the Properties command at the keyboard. And yes, you must select an object first in order to check its properties. I failed to mention that.

basty: In Classic you should still be able to enter the Properties command at the keyboard. And yes, you must select an object first in order to check its properties. I failed to mention that.

See below video. I think I already follow your instruction correctly. I still can't find the "oblique" option in my Properties palette.

Why don't you just tell me how to edit the text by a command as I asked in post #19??

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFVUD5ovFQ

See below video. I think I already follow your instruction correctly. I still can't find the "oblique" option in my Properties palette.

I watched your video and something is wrong. When you select a dimension and open your properties palette, you should see all the properties for the selected dimension. Your properties palette shows no dimension properties. It seems that Autocad is not recognizing your selection.

Take a look at this article. If the PICKFIRST variable does not solve the problem, you may need to repair or reinstall Autocad: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Properties-of-selected-object-not-displayed-in-Object-Properties-toolbar.html

Grrrrr. Edit regular text or dimension text?

I want to edit the dimension text so that it look like this:

isodim.png

How to do it?

Edited by basty

Why do I find myself being ignored?

Hmmmmmm, good question. Did you read my last post or am I being ignored?

You have bigger problems than just trying to figure out how to dimension an isometric drawing. There is something wrong with your program and I strongly recommend that you address this issue.

Hmmmmmm, good question. Did you read my last post or am I being ignored?

You have bigger problems than just trying to figure out how to dimension an isometric drawing. There is something wrong with your program and I strongly recommend that you address this issue.

I can do an aligned 2D isometric dimension.

Now how do I create a dimension like the 0.5R (see below) in 2D isometric drawing?

isodim3.png

And this too:

dim.png

Please somebody answer my question.

Edited by basty

Since you quoted me, I will respond.

I don't do isometric drawings. If I needed to create a drawing like this, as I mentioned before, I would first create a 3D model. Then I would be able to align my UCS with the various faces in order to easily dimension the model.

Since I don't do isometric drawings, I'm not sure how to dimension a drawing like this, and I'm really not interested in spending a lot of time trying to figure it out. As far as I'm concerned, this is the old way of doing things, and I'm not interested in going backwards.

So, unless you want to discuss the issues with your program that I alerted you to previously, I really don't have anything else to add to this thread.

Also, you might want to take a minute and say thank you to everyone who has offered assistance in this thread. The reason why no one is responding anymore could be a result of your apparent lack of gratitude. We don't get paid to be here, so "Please" and "Thank You" go a long way. Nobody likes feeling as though they are being taken for granted. Just a thought. :unsure:

The .50R that you refer to and the leaders with corresponding text the red arrow points to are most likely text objects. I thought you figured out how to create isometric text already.

The .50R that you refer to and the leaders with corresponding text the red arrow points to are most likely text objects. I thought you figured out how to create isometric text already.

I can create a dimension such as .50R.

The next question is, what is mean by this (see below)?

It says two diameters, one is ∅.625 and other ∅.623.

But it point to a single circle.

Which diameter I should use?

I am confuse.

vibarm.png

Edited by basty

The next question is, what is mean by this (see below)?

It says two diameters, one is ∅.625 and other ∅.623.

But it point to a single circle.

Which diameter I should use?

I am confuse.

That is a tolerance dimension. It tells the machinist that the hole diameter can be a minimum of 0.623 to a maximum of 0.625.

Maybe you should invest in a copy of the Machinery's Handbook by Eric Oberg.

"Machinery's Handbook for machine shop and drafting-room; a reference book on machine design and shop practice for the mechanical engineer, draftsman, toolmaker, and machinist is a classic reference work ..."