Publishing and plotting

harrydang

Hi guys,

I am relatively new with AutoCad. I have tried couple of times publishing/plotting my CAD drawing which has 3 layouts to one PDF file but they came separately :shock: . I used to use 2010 CAD and it worked properly in this matter. However, the technical guy yesterday, installed 2011LT on my desktop. I already changed publishing type to Multi-sheet file but the problem stands still :x. Please see the attached

Please give me your thought

Capture3.jpg

Multi-sheet file means just that, you will get multiple sheets, change that to single-sheet file.

I have moved your thread to the AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output Forum.

Hate to be the one, but it's the other way 'round. Multi-sheet file means one pdf file of multiple sheets(layouts). Single sheet means one or more pdf's depending on the layout count, each of them a one page(single sheet) file.

In AutoCad speak, "sheet" is a layout. What you want is a multi-sheet (layout) file.

Show us a picture of your publish options dialog box.

What method are you using for your output? Publish? Export to pdf? Batch Plot? I tend to hit my Batch Plot tile on the output tab, make sure my sheets are in the correct order, and the proper layout default then click the publish button at the bottom of the batch plot dialog.

By the way, what on Earth is your IT dude doing installing five year old software as an upgrade?

Untitled.jpg

Hi guys,

The problem was solved. I have changed "Publish to" Plotter named in page setup to --> PDF based on the Dana W's screenshot. It works.:)Capture3.jpg

Thank you very much for your time!

Hi guys,

The problem was solved. I have changed "Publish to" Plotter named in page setup to --> PDF based on the Dana W's screenshot. It works.:)

Thank you very much for your time!

I'm glad you found that. It had not even occurred to me that could be it, but of course, defaulting to the page definition basically is a start over for each page.

Hate to be the one, but it's the other way 'round. Multi-sheet file means one pdf file of multiple sheets(layouts). Single sheet means one or more pdf's depending on the layout count, each of them a one page(single sheet) file.

In AutoCad speak, "sheet" is a layout. What you want is a multi-sheet (layout) file.

Show us a picture of your publish options dialog box.

What method are you using for your output? Publish? Export to pdf? Batch Plot? I tend to hit my Batch Plot tile on the output tab, make sure my sheets are in the correct order, and the proper layout default then click the publish button at the bottom of the batch plot dialog.

By the way, what on Earth is your IT dude doing installing five year old software as an upgrade?

Thanks Dana,

I wasn't able to see this comment in previous reply for some reasons. And yes, Batch lot is my favourite because of its convenience. 8)

In terms of the upgrade, I know right. "welllll, this is the only one left we have license", said he. :cry:

Thanks Dana,

I wasn't able to see this comment in previous reply for some reasons. And yes, Batch lot is my favourite because of its convenience. 8)

In terms of the upgrade, I know right. "welllll, this is the only one left we have license", said he. :cry:

LOL, ok. Two years ago, I was hired by a company that was still using 2008 LT. :shock: They needed a new computer for me, and bought one with Windows 8.1 on it. Had to upgrade to 2016 on day one.

LOL, ok. Two years ago, I was hired by a company that was still using 2008 LT. :shock: They needed a new computer for me, and bought one with Windows 8.1 on it. Had to upgrade to 2016 on day one.

Oh yes, I remember one time I got work done on my personal computer using 2016 but forgot to convert to 2010CAD. The day after, had to convert it on my colleague's desktop. :lol: . My desktop was installed Wins10 but the most important thing AutoCAD was so behind. :o

You're right got it backwards.
It took me a while at first to get it. I didn't need it until about a year ago. The terminology doesn't help either, it sounds intuitively opposite.

Hi guys,

I have another question. The batch plot does not work in single document mode (SDI) mode, does it? I set SDI =1 because I wanted to work on different CAD windows at once. It's little bit inconvenient changing SDI when you want to print off something.

Hi guys,

I have another question. The batch plot does not work in single document mode (SDI) mode, does it? I set SDI =1 because I wanted to work on different CAD windows at once. It's little bit inconvenient changing SDI when you want to print off something.

That's right. The publish (Batch Plot) option is not available in SDI = 1.

I use SDI = 0, the drawing file tab display, and start screen to open several drawings in one AutoCad window. That way, I don't have to switch anything but which drawing tab I want to work on, and I can choose to plot all of them, or selected ones into one pdf doc whenever I want. If I have 3 drawings open, and only want to batch plot 1 and 3 but not 2, I simply shift select the #2 sheets, right click, and click REMOVE. This is especially handy this month because I am working on a five floor hospital executive office building, with each floor in a separate drawing, and there is boocoo copy and paste floor, to floor, to floor going on. This puppy is going to gross us almost 3/4 mil in US bucks, just for cabinets and countertops and a couple of paneled elevator lobbies.

The best reason to use the start screen is that a thumbnail of Recent Drawings is displayed, and you have the option of pinning important drawings to the top of the Recents display, like expertly contrived super custom template drawings that we all start up with, right?:P

Edited by Dana W

Even with it set to 1, and have multiple AutoCad windows open you can still batch plot a multi-page pdf with batch plot,

If SDI is set to 1, an error notification will come up when you try to batch plot any of the drawings open:)1.PNG

Even with it set to 1, and have multiple AutoCad windows open you can still batch plot a multi-page pdf with batch plot,

If SDI is set to 1, an error notification will come up when you try to batch plot any of the drawings open:)[ATTACH=CONFIG]62303[/ATTACH]

yeah, i was running on an assumption combined with what someone else passed along erroneously, and reading the Help file too fast, my bad. I edited myself to keep others out of trouble. I thought you all were asleep.:shock: