Get location of circle tangent to ellipse

gsc

Hi,

In the Example image, the RED circle moves with its center point over the BLACK circle. Is it possible to get the location(s) where it is tangent to the GREEN ellipse?

Don't know how to approach this...does anybody has an idea how to start?

I have included a sample in DWG format.

The Ellipse in the DWG is drawn with the PELLIPSE variable set to 1, but if it is easier with a genuine Ellipse it is also ok.

Greetzzzattachment.php?attachmentid=63468&cid=1&stc=1Example.dwg

Example.jpg

Draw an offset from the elipse and use the radius of the circle as the offset distance, where this crosses the larger circle will be the center of your smaller circle

Lee just listed the steps for the code! :thumbsup:

Might be nit picking here, but I would say that steven-g listed the steps. Lee illustrated them wonderfully tho. :)

Might be nit picking here, but I would say that steven-g listed the steps. Lee illustrated them wonderfully tho. :)

Aah, right..

Sorry about that steven-g.

+1

the gif explains it in a much clearer way and makes it a lot easier for anyone who doesn't use English as their main language