Page Orientation Problem when Plotting (to printers/PDF)

ORgrown

Using 2009 on XP Machine (svc pack 3).

Imported an old profile to get all the pathways, etc for specifically a 3rd party design program. Looked like it was pointing to 2000 files so I edited to search in 2009. After I think it's ok, I'm trying to plot - a window view oriented in LANDSCAPE. 1) ACAD Warning pops up: "[plotter name](temporary).pc3: This plotter configuration cannot be used for one of these reasons: the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found, or the driver has a problem. The None plot device has been substituted." *The plotters do exist and are in the control panel; I can print to them (just not the correct orientation), and they are on a server). 2) I select the plotter, go into Properties and: I change the orientation in the plotter set up (regardless of whether I'm plotting on the B&W 8-1/2x11 printer, the color HP Design Jet, or to PDF (using CutePDF)). Once it saves the temp .pc3 file, I preview and paper is still Portrait with window selection scaled down to fit that width.

I'm thinking it's not mapped correctly to find the pc3 file for the plotters for ACAD applications. Is this done through Tools/Options? (Where?) And where should it map to? Am I on the correct thinking path?

Thanks for any assistance! I'm attaching screen shots for review.

plotter orientation prob.zip

I'd also advise creating a non-temporary PC3 file and setting hide system printers. That way you don't need to constantly change these settings. Windows drivers don't always work off the cuff with ACad, you sometimes need to modify some settings for ACad only - and if you do this in the PC3 file it doesn't affect other windows programs, but if you change the defaults on the windows driver you may simply have moved your problem to programs other than ACad.

See the arrow in the bottom right hand corner next to help - press that - you will get more options

Grant,

Just so happens it was hidden when I did the screen shot, but yes, I was orienting the page correctly.

I've since reinstalled 2009 due to some other oddities. I'm hoping this has resolved it.

Thanks!