Create a PDF from DWG file

dark wanderer

Hello everyone

First off all, i am new with this forum, pdf and autocad. I have totally NO experience with autocad.

A friend of mine (who works with autocad, but doesn't know much about computer), wants to create a PDF from his DWG files, so he can send his drawings to his costumers.

I tried this in several ways, but it just doesnt seem to work. Adobe creates an pdf file, but all the lines are way too thick. Even text is too thick so that it becomes unreadable. See the picture below as an example:

autocadprobleem.JPG

As you see, things become unreadeble and ugly.

I have tried these ways:

- Start adobe acrobat pro 6.0 and go to menu file > create pdf > from file, select the DWG file that i want to convert, and i get the pdf in the wrong wa

- Start autocad (tried 2007, and 2000LT), open the DWG file, plot the file with the ADOBE pdf printer. I get a pdf file, but it is also wrong.

- Tried a 3rd party PDF printer called PDF995 (it was recommended by a website i found on google), also the same (wrong) result.

- Used the program AutoDWG DWG2PDF Converter. It is an trial version, and i dont want to pay for it, because adobe acrobat pro should make my pdf's!. This program does the job right, but with some files it starts complaining about missing fornt files (.ISO extention). However, the output file is right.

So this means that i would have to pay to get my converted PDF, while adobe acrobat 6.0 pro should do it for me ( i bought the application for this one purpose, and it doesn't do its jobs right!).

Does it have something to do with the settings in autocad? I had the tip on an other forum to press the LWT button in autocad, but it does not make any difference.

Another problem is that AutoDWG DWG2PDF Converter does not take over the shadings that are in the drawing. So, if my uncle drwars a silo half full of product, he uses a yellow shading to mention the half-fullness.

AutoDWG DWG2PDF Converter does not take this over!

Please, someone help me with my problem!

The LWT button only controls the display of lineweights on screen.

Start by checking your lineweights. These could be controlled by layer.

• 2 weeks later...

The best way to circulate drawings is to issue .dwf files. These can be read with a freebie viewer available on the Autodesk website. I issue both .pdf and .dwf files and believe me the .dwf's are MUCH better, for example,with colour matches, blue comes up purple when printed from .pdf's and blue (oddly enough) when printed from .dwf's. This features now got a beard on it and still people want .pdf's. Get a life guys IT'S FREE.......

• 2 years later...

how do you save .dwf file from autocadd? it's always .pdf when plotted from cadd....

The best way to circulate drawings is to issue .dwf files. These can be read with a freebie viewer available on the Autodesk website. I issue both .pdf and .dwf files and believe me the .dwf's are MUCH better, for example,with colour matches, blue comes up purple when printed from .pdf's and blue (oddly enough) when printed from .dwf's. This features now got a beard on it and still people want .pdf's. Get a life guys IT'S FREE.......

how do you save .dwf file from autocrat? it's always .pdf when plotted from cadd....

type publish in your command Line or click the button beside the plot preview.

first select in the to DWF in the 'plot to' area

from here on you see the layouts that are going to be plotted to .dwf.

You can erase the ones you don't want to plot to be included in the .dwf.

And if you like you can also include the model space!

O and theres a 3D dwf to

for more info push F1 after the publish command!

ps: you sure found an old thread! :-)

thank you so much, at least the lines are much controlled in the .dwf format

lol, i was hesitant cause nobody might be reading these threads anymore. just gave it a shot

this problem is really ticking me off i don't know how to control the unruly lineweights in pdf format.

thanks again and cheers!

Godbless and yup i think so.. we might be aliens =)

Your line weights are coming from your plot style table. They should be consistent with the way your friend is plotting his drawings to paper. Something seems wrong here.