3d solids to blocks

JamesBorubar

I would just make it a block and locate them manually, just try to make the insertion point of the block something logical for locating.

Is there a particular relationship between the solids?

Just post a drawing that shows what is needed, might help with better solutions.

I'm sorry I can't do it ...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamesBorubar

• SLW210

• halam

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that I can compare (2) 3D Solids and tell if they are identical geometry, layers, color etc. I cannot tell you where they are located .

Draw (2) 3D SPHEREs with the same diameter, only different locations.

[b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]defun c:c3d [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]/ ss e1 e2 d1 d2 c1 c2 rl[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]while [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]not e1[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
        [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]princ [color=#2f4f4f]"\nSelect 2 Entities:   "[/color][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
        [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]and [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq ss [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]ssget[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]= [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]sslength ss[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b] 2[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq e1 [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]ssname ss 0[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                   e2 [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]ssname ss 1[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]not [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]eq e1 e2[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq d1 [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entget e1[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                   d2 [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entget e2[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]setq rl [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]list -1 5 330[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]foreach g d1
   [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]if [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]not [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]member [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]car g[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b] rl[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
       [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq c1 [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]cons g c1[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
   [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]if [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]not [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]member [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]car g[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b] rl[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
       [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq c2 [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]cons g c2[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]if [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]equal c1 c2[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
     [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]alert [color=#2f4f4f]"SOLIDs Are Indentical"[/color][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
     [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]alert [color=#2f4f4f]"SOLIDs Are NOT Indentical"[/color][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]prin1[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]

Without the location information, I don't know if it could be done. -David

And I do mean identical. Not rotated, not different elevations etc

something wrong with this code:

c3d.jpg

I can't post the drawing

You should be able to post drawings. I didn't ask for a specific drawing, I ask for a drawing that shows what is needed.

Wait a second. Why would you draw something in 3D in autocad when you have Inventor? Inventor is a great 3D program. I would use that.

Wait a second. Why would you draw something in 3D in autocad when you have Inventor? Inventor is a great 3D program. I would use that.

I didn't make 3d model in AutoCad. I've got it from my client, my task is to make fabrication drawings.

Is there anything else we should know that you haven't already told us?

I would just make it a block and locate them manually, just try to make the insertion point of the block something logical for locating.

Just post a drawing that shows what is needed, might help with better solutions.

Upload a sample drawing. Create the sample, if needed, to avoid proprietary/intellectual property concerns.

It would help to answer the questions already asked and post a drawing.

Why not just use Inventor, what's the need for AutoCAD?

sample-steel-4.dwg

It would help to answer the questions already asked and post a drawing.

I think I answered all questions I was asked, but the last from ReMark.

Ok, once again: I received 3d model in AutoCad dwg file from my client. I made some modifications (in AutoCad) and now I want to import into Inventor.

But if there are no blocks for the same solids I will get in Inventor the same parts as different. I found the tools, which can make blocks for repeatings solids, but only for simple, not modified.

Edited by JamesBorubar

You haven't answered any of my questions or requests.

You haven't answered any of my questions or requests.

1. There is no a particular relationship between the solid.

2. I uploaded sample drawing, please see my last post.

3. The 3d model I've got from my client. It is too big to make it once again in Inventor.

I don't know why they use AutCad for 3d modeling. Probably they have no designers with Inventor knowledge.

I'm sorry I didn't answer at once , but I just got back from a trip.

Maybe the answer is just that there is no way to accomplish this. Need to get back to the native source files to export it in another way or format.