Attaching an Xref to my title block

ktcollardson

Hello - I am trying to attach the client details as an xref to my title block. This is how it was done at my previous company, but I did not set that up, so I don't know how it was done.

The problem is this - when I attach the xref, I cannot see it on my page in paper space. If I zoom out as far as possible, the paper layout becomes a tiny dot on the screen. When I then draw a rectangle far to the right of the paper, I see a blue glyph on my paper, so I know that the drawing is there, but I cannot see it (the drawing is inserting very far to the right).

I would like to figure out how to insert my xref so that it shows up on my page. I have moved the information in the file to 0,0 and inserted at 0,0, but I keep having the same problem.

Does this description make sense? Is anyone able to help?

Thank you!

The information you are trying to xref in, is that information in PS or MS? PS objects can't be directly xrefed, they have to be in MS.

Hello - Do you mean model space? If so, yes, it is in model space.

You answered my question, I did ask about PS but it doesn't matter. So open the file you want to xref, go into MS, and do a zoom extents. Does all the information show on screen ok? What is the distance across the width of the objects on screen? Finally, in each drawing use UNITS command and find the insertion scale, are they set to the same value?

I just figured it out, but I am not sure how I made it work. In the end, I scaled the xrefed file 300x so that I could be sure to see it. I scaled it down once I found it. I am keeping it where it is now! Thank you for your help, though.