Draw Order not working correctly

slimjramirez

It seems as though my draw order is 'locked'. The command is recognized; but it doesn't seem to work properly.

I essentially have two lines, drawn right on top of eachother; I go to get the one underneath and bring to front/send to front, or send the top line to the back, etc. and nothing changes at all.

I've found a way to get what I need done completed so I don't need a solution, but is there some variable I'm not aware of that affects the use of draw order?

Purging and the SORTENTS didn't help.

However using DRAWORDER, then referencing the object I needed to get this one line under worked. The Draw Order toolbar doesn't seem to help but the written command does

it isn't a PICKFIRST problem is it?

what's your PICKFIRST set to?

Rah! this is a handy thing to know about, but it didn't help when alternating between 0 and 1.

I think this may have just been a freak event; I just finished the drawing, went to open another,

"Command "Open" Unknown"

"Command "Close" Unkown"

"Command F***YouCAD" Unknown"

-qsave

-quit

:lol:

Rah! this is a handy thing to know about, but it didn't help when alternating between 0 and 1.

I think this may have just been a freak event; I just finished the drawing, went to open another,

"Command "Open" Unknown"

"Command "Close" Unkown"

"Command F***YouCAD" Unknown"

-qsave

-quit

:lol:

I should set that command up to give a big "F***U2" on the screen. :lol:

Try the variable:

treedepth

if it is set to 0, it will give you the problem you are describing.

set it to 3020.

Type: Integer

Saved in: Drawing

Initial value: 3020

Specifies the maximum depth, that is, the number of times the tree-structured spatial index can divide into branches.

0 Suppresses the spatial index entirely, eliminating the performance improvements it provides in working with large drawings. This setting assures that objects are always processed in database order, making it unnecessary ever to set SORTENTS.

>0 Turns on spatial indexing. An integer of up to five digits is valid. The first three digits refer to model space, and the remaining two digits refer to paper space.

Note You cannot use TREEDEPTH transparently.

• 2 years later...

I had this problem today and found this answer and it worked for me. Great job, CADMANGOD.

Try the variable:

treedepth

if it is set to 0, it will give you the problem you are describing.

set it to 3020.

Type: Integer

Saved in: Drawing

Initial value: 3020

Specifies the maximum depth, that is, the number of times the tree-structured spatial index can divide into branches.

0 Suppresses the spatial index entirely, eliminating the performance improvements it provides in working with large drawings. This setting assures that objects are always processed in database order, making it unnecessary ever to set SORTENTS.

>0 Turns on spatial indexing. An integer of up to five digits is valid. The first three digits refer to model space, and the remaining two digits refer to paper space.

Note You cannot use TREEDEPTH transparently.

• 6 years later...
I had this problem today and found this answer and it worked for me. Great job, CADMANGOD.

I completly agree, this finally solved my display problem with TEXTTOFRONT not working properly.

Now that is selt the TREEDEPTH variable to 32767 (max. value) everything is working fine.

Thanks a lot!

utor

• 1 month later...

The visual style will also affect draw order. I believe Draw order only works in the traditional 2d visual style (or at least thats what i was told)

• 5 months later...