• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NiceGuy8618

• NBC

• dbroada

• lpseifert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think what a number of people on this thread have been trying to explain is that you should select the block you want to 'update'; then type BEDIT at the command line.

Once your block is open in the Block Editor (note that this is different to the Block Definition), do not select any entities; instead open the Properties palette, somewhere near the bottom of that, there should be a toggle to Allow Exploding or not. Set that to Allow Exploding.

Then type BSAVE at the command line.

Then type BCLOSE at the command line; it may ask if you wish to redefine blocks currently in the drawing (I do not have CAD on this machine to check); if it does, then select yes.

This should fix your issues.

To my knowledge you cannot change it after it has already been blocked. I may be wrong but I want to say I have had that issue before in class and was told it wasn't possible once it is created.

(by cannot change it I mean its ability to be exploded.)

This is entirely incorrect. Try using BEDIT, as described in my post above.

fair enough, gotta love the limitations of LT.

how about trying this approach.

select your block, REFEDIT it; when in the editor; select all the entities and copy & paste them into a new drawing. in this 'new' drawing, make all the changes to it that you wish to, then save it (giving it the same name as the block you are trying to change). close that drawing down, then goto the drawing which contains the problematic block.

insert the drawing you just created (remembering to tick the box to allow exploding); hopefully this will overwrite the problematic blocks.

this may seem ignorant but can you re-insert it only prefice it with an asterisk (*) so it IS inserted already exploded?

Refedit is unknown in LT also. Wow, now more than ever am I feeling gimped by LT >.

Try taking a look at this

http://bp1.blogger.com/_Dwso8BanAd4/Rxd2XeU7KuI/AAAAAAAAB_g/1EqdIjsPv-I/s1600-h/LT-change+block+in+editor.JPG

That is the picture of the method.

The How to is here.

http://cadcafe.blogspot.com/2007/10/while-demonstrating-for-client.html

This is entirely incorrect. Try using BEDIT, as described in my post above.

I was unaware that the block edit command would allow you to reset the blocks ability to be exploded as per the original posters request. After rechecking with the block edit command I still cannot find any way to change the block to be exploded AFTER you have created the block with the allow exploding option turned off. Can you tell me where in the bedit box it allows to to reset this?

I don't think I have a block editor. Bedit won't work and I've searched the toolbars and pull down menues. Help shows nothing either

• 3 years later...

I had the same issue when using regular 2008 trying to explode some windows blocks in a drawing but it wouldn't let me. I tried re-editting the block but I couldn't even find the name of the block in block editting window. Then I opened the same plan in regular AutoCAD 2010 which i been using for a while. The first try it shows the name of the block on the block editor window and also lets you set it so it can be exploded.

• 1 year later...
I'm trying to explode this block in a drawing i'm editing but autocad will not let me do this. Sorry for the newbness of this question, but is there something i'm missing. Could it be locked? Is that possible? Thanks

- Check allow exploding when you create a block

- Explode all Blocks: https://www.dropbox.com/s/89lhybi2nf3n53d/%40PRISMATECHBlocksSmartExplosionbyPT%28exall%29.msi?m

Regard,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39529[/ATTACH]

in properties dialogue box can do allow exploding no

No, you can't explode block because when you create block you didn't check "allow exploding"

And I sent you soft can't exlopde any Block (allow and don't allow exploding when create block)