help with autocad 2013

trent13az

need help with this test on 2013 and I haven't used autocad since the early 90's...

1. Which of the following AutoCAD features allows you to pick up points only along the horizontal and vertical quadrant lines from a given starting point?

A. LINE

B. Snap

C. Ortho

D. 3D Object Snap

My Answer: B

3. Which of the following statements about Grid is correct?

A. Grid is only a visual reference; it has no effect on the selection of points.

B. Grid effects the selection of points.

C. Grid is invisible.

D. Grid and Snap always have the same setting.

8. When you're inputting coordinates at the on-screen prompt, which one of the following statements is correct?

A. Relative coordinates are specified by typing coordinates with no prefix.

B. Absolute coordinates are specified by typing the @ prefix.

C. Relative coordinates are specified by typing the # prefix.

D. Absolute coordinates are specified by typing the # prefix.

My Answer: A

10. When drawing a horizontal line that's 15 decimal units long to the right, the correct polar coordinate display should read

A. 15.0000

B. 0.0000

C. 15.0000

D. 15.0000

My Answer: C

13. The default paper size and grid line increments for an acad.dwt drawing template is

A. 8 1/2 inches × 11 inches, and 1.0000 spacing.

B. 12 inches × 9 inches, and 0.5000 spacing.

C. 11 inches × 17 inches, and 1.0000 spacing.

D. 24 inches × 36 inches, and 0.5000 spacing.

14. After executing the ZOOM command, the following information appears in the command line:

[All/Center/Dynamic/Extents/Previous/Scale/Window/Object]

If you press on your keyboard in response to this prompt, which of the following ZOOM options will be activated?

A. Scale

B. real time

C. All

D. Extents

16. Where should you look on the AutoCAD screen to find the application status bar?

A. On the left edge of screen

B. At the top of the screen

C. At the bottom of the screen

D. On the right edge of the screen

My Answer: D

17. Using Dynamic Input and decimal units, imagine that you've drawn a jagged line that ends at the absolute coordinates (5, 8. To draw a line back to the XY origin using absolute coordinates, you should type _______ at the Specify next point: prompt.

A. −5, −8

B. 0,0

C. #−5,−8

D. #0,0

My Answer: A

20. You can press the key in AutoCAD to turn on the

A. Polar Tracking.

B. Ortho Mode.

C. Grid Display.

D. Snap Mode.

need help with this test on 2013 and I haven't used autocad since the early 90's...

1. Which of the following AutoCAD features allows you to pick up points only along the horizontal and vertical quadrant lines from a given starting point?

A. LINE

B. Snap

C. Ortho

D. 3D Object Snap

Orthogonal entries are constrained to X or Y values, determined from the coordinate location of the starting point designated when you are in the command.

3. Which of the following statements about Grid is correct?

A. Grid is only a visual reference; it has no effect on the selection of points.

B. Grid effects the selection of points.

C. Grid is invisible.

D. Grid and Snap always have the same setting.

The grid is only a visual reference. I may be wrong, but I would guess that the majority of regular users rarely use the GRID display.

8. When you're inputting coordinates at the on-screen prompt, which one of the following statements is correct?

A. Relative coordinates are specified by typing coordinates with no prefix.

B. Absolute coordinates are specified by typing the @ prefix.

C. Relative coordinates are specified by typing the # prefix.

D. Absolute coordinates are specified by typing the # prefix.

My Answer: A Correct.

10. When drawing a horizontal line that's 15 decimal units long to the right, the correct polar coordinate display should read

A. 15.0000

B. 0.0000

C. 15.0000

D. 15.0000

The BEST answer offered is D, as zero is at 3:00 o'clock by default,

but as duly noted by rkent, they are all wrong, it should read 15

13. The default paper size and grid line increments for an acad.dwt drawing template is

A. 8 1/2 inches × 11 inches, and 1.0000 spacing.

B. 12 inches × 9 inches, and 0.5000 spacing.

C. 11 inches × 17 inches, and 1.0000 spacing.

D. 24 inches × 36 inches, and 0.5000 spacing.

I believe that B is the correct answer.

The grid spacing is definitely .5.

If you select FILE TYPE .dwt, after having started the OPEN command,

you can scroll down to the template called acad, and open it.

Having done that if you check the GRID spacing by right clicking on the GRID icon in the application status bar,

you will be taken to the SNAP & GRID dialog box, where you will see that it is set to .5.

14. After executing the ZOOM command, the following information appears in the command line:

[All/Center/Dynamic/Extents/Previous/Scale/Window/Object]

If you press on your keyboard in response to this prompt, which of the following ZOOM options will be activated?

A. Scale

B. real time

C. All

D. Extents

The value displayed inside of is the default. If you hit enter for ZOOM the default is

16. Where should you look on the AutoCAD screen to find the application status bar?

A. On the left edge of screen

B. At the top of the screen

C. At the bottom of the screen

D. On the right edge of the screen

My Answer: D

The application status bar is where you find all of your icons across the BOTTOM of your screen.

17. Using Dynamic Input and decimal units, imagine that you've drawn a jagged line that ends at the absolute coordinates (5, 8. To draw a line back to the XY origin using absolute coordinates, you should type _______ at the Specify next point: prompt.

A. −5, −8

B. 0,0

C. #−5,−8

D. #0,0

My Answer: A .

This is sort of a trick question, the origin of your drawing is where the X & Y axes intersect, which would always be 0,0

20. You can press the key in AutoCAD to turn on the

A. Polar Tracking.

B. Ortho Mode.

C. Grid Display.

D. Snap Mode.

You should be able to (if you have your hover tips turned on, which from the sound of things would be a good idea) see the hot keys used to toggle

Ortho, Grid, Snap, Polar, Dynamic UCS, etc on and off, by pausing your cursor over the numerous icons in your Application Status Bar, at the bottom of your screen. F7 toggles the GRID display, F8 toggles ORTHO, or you can just click on any of the icons to toggle it.

Welcome to CADTutor, sounds like you have a lot of new stuff to learn, and a lot of old stuff to remember. :)

I would suggest that you check out the TUTORIALS tab, where you will find lots of help.

The video instructions by Brian Benton are very good, and I would take them in order.

Should you look through the available videos I am sure you will find some invaluable, in getting

you back up to speed.

Edited by Dadgad

#8 depends on whether DYN input is on or not, I think #10 would be none of the above.

What is the context of this test? Employment test or self study, etc?

OOTB install #8 has two correct answers.

(see #17)

What's interesting to me is that might be the only question in the list that has any relevance in my normal workflow.

(and maybe #17, except that I very rarely use absolute coordinates)

Thanks to all for your help on this. I'm trying to get up to speed on this system, so I found basically, a "teach yourself autocad" program. Unfortunately, I have no one to lean on for questions nor do I have the software, just a couple books. And it seems that 2013 is pretty new since I haven't been able to find any other type of help on the internet.

So once again, thanks. I'm sure I'll be back in this forum asking for more help in the near future.:D

Thanks to all for your help on this. I'm trying to get up to speed on this system, so I found basically, a "teach yourself autocad" program. Unfortunately, I have no one to lean on for questions nor do I have the software, just a couple books. And it seems that 2013 is pretty new since I haven't been able to find any other type of help on the internet.

So once again, thanks. I'm sure I'll be back in this forum asking for more help in the near future.:D

Really nice tutorials can be found here... => http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/tutorials/index.htm

Use the 2010 tutorials, they will get you most of the way.

My $0.05 worth #10 if ortho is on (if not F8 ) pick start point drag in required direction just type 15.

Also #13 the paper sizes are not quite correct these sizes are the cut sheet size you have to allow a margin for each sheet and this varies depending on you printer so allow about 1/2" at least on all edges this is the maximum actual size of your plottable area or title block.

Really nice tutorials can be found here... => http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/tutorials/index.htm

Use the 2010 tutorials, they will get you most of the way.

I agree, this is a very good site, I used it in 2008 when I started studying online, just checked it out, nice to see there is some added content,

overall very well paced and explained, with chapter reviews which are very helpful. :)

My $0.05 worth #10 if ortho is on (if not F8 ) pick start point drag in required direction just type 15.

Also #13 the paper sizes are not quite correct these sizes are the cut sheet size you have to allow a margin for each sheet and this varies depending on you printer so allow about 1/2" at least on all edges this is the maximum actual size of your plottable area or title block.

Good point BIGAL, as if anybody would really draw a horizontal line and want to have to use the