Need Automotive Parts Blocks

Cadflyer48

Hey everyone. I am looking for 2D (elevation & plan) blocks of the following:

Small block Chevy engine

Small block Chevy Tunnel Ram intake manifold

TH350 or TH400 Transmission.

Anyone have a line on where I can find these?

Thanks

ZM

I assume that you have tried Googling "chevrolet parts cad drawings" and looking at the images?

Clicking on an image should bring up an enlarged view, with the option to visit the website it came from and see what else they have.

This Chevy Small Block 3D Model for instance: https://www.3dcadbrowser.com/download.aspx?3dmodel=1599

Once you have a model you can take any 2D views you like from it.

You are probably going to have to pay for stuff like this though.

These guys have OEM CAD files and say they have a library of Chevy stuff, they also scan parts themselves.

https://www.semagarage.com/techtransfer/index

Or have you tried contacting Chevrolet themselves?

Yes, I've tried Google. All I have is AutoCAD, is there a simple process to cut 2D view from a model? I've never done 3D or worked with anything 3D.

The SectionPlane and BaseView (ViewBase) commands can be used to extract a sectional view from a 3D model. I wonder how much internal detail someone modeling a 3D engine would actually provide (if at all)?

I wonder how much internal detail someone modeling a 3D engine would actually provide (if at all)?

Not sure, I only and needing the external views for mocking up. That 3D place has perfect models but it is way too much money for me to spend.

Yes, I've tried Google. All I have is AutoCAD, is there a simple process to cut 2D view from a model? I've never done 3D or worked with anything 3D.

Your profile says that you are using Autocad LT?

Is that correct?

Is there anyone I could email the 3D files to and send me back the plan and elevation 2D views of the complete engine/transmission?

Thanks

Your profile says that you are using Autocad LT?

Is that correct?

Oops, I hadn't noticed that.

Obviously very important question.

You won't be able to do much with a 3D model if all you are using is LT. May have to download a free 30-day trial version of full AutoCAD.

You won't be able to do much with a 3D model if all you are using is LT. May have to download a free 30-day trial version of full AutoCAD.

I have ACAD 2000 full version at home I can use if I need to. I'm just not sure how to break down a model to get the views I need.

ACAD 2000? You may be somewhat limited. I believe the options would be SOLPROF along with the combo commands SOLVIEW/SOLDRAW. FLATSHOT might be available too.

Is there any one of you guys that would pull the 2D elevations and 2D plan views for me and email them? I can send the files. I would appreciate it very much.

To extract the 2D views a person would have to know where to find/download the appropriate 3D model assuming there is a viable one.