Question: how many Defun commands in one lisp

CadJunky

Hey, guys. Maybe an easy one. How can I retrieve all of the defuns in my one master lisp file. I have one lisp file that has hundreds of individual command that reside within it.:)

Welcome to CADTutor.

That can actually be a tough problem.

If:

• The main file has not been loaded
  • There are no overwrite of the defun name when loading
  • The defun name is not a protected symbol
  • ALL variables the main file are localized
  • So on And So on

Then this could work :

[b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]defun c:ldefun [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]/ dl oldatoms newatoms[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]setq oldatoms [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]atoms-family 1[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]load [color=#2f4f4f]"[i][b]file_name[/b][/i]"[/color][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]setq newatoms [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]atoms-family 1[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]foreach a newatoms
   [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]if [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]not [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]member a oldatoms[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
       [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq dl [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]cons a dl[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]prin1 dl[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]prin1[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]

Otherwise, if you are VERY consistent in your coding practices, you could read every line in the main file searching for the string defun and the extract the next word in that line as the function name.

-David

Thanks, Lee Mac. Your routine worked exactly for what I was looking for. Much appreciated.

@David - Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

Another read your lisp file line by line look for "(defun" then simply write that line to a text file. It will find all Command defuns, plain rtd and user AH:getval etc