3d Face Lisp

KRBeckman

Hey All,

I'm trying to write a program that will allow me to draw a polyline around a complex shape and then take the coordinates from that polyline and use them to draw 3d-faces to fill the interior portion of that polyline, but I really don't know where to start. Any ideas? Not looking for someone to write the program, just a pointer on how this might be done.

Thanks.

That would an extremely difficult one.

I usually try to brake the outline into 4 sided segments that then can be fed to EDGESURF. The human mind sees the overall picture a lot better than computer algorithms.

Good Luck -David

Well the line in the center can be taken care.

Can you post a sample of the PLINE? I've done some pretty weird shapes. Especially 2D thingies! -David

That is exactly what pol-fill.lsp can handle

I do see a bug with pol-fill

To fix it:

_Convertpoly _Heavy Select your line

(load "POL-FILL")

Command: POL-FILL

Select Y axis boundry

Pick a point where both end lines are vertical

Pick the LINE Border

Do you have an editor that can change all of the faces edges to invisible ( change dxf group 70 to 15 )

I'll have to dig into it and find why it isn't converting LWPOLYLINEs into HEAVY POLYLINEs automatically. It should be doing it.

-David

PL-EX12.GIF

Yeah, I can hide the edges, but my boss won't let me do that... we have over 3/4mil symbols and if we started doing this the extra entities would greatly increase the amount of disk space we're using up.