CopyAlongCurve.LSP [Divide/Measure/Dynamic]

alanjt

Copy any number of selected objects along a selected curve object (Arc, Circle, Ellipse, Line, LWPolyline, 2DPolyline, 3DPolyline, Spline) using a specified base point.

• Copy options: Divide, Measure and Dynamic.

• Starting point is based on closest end point to where curve is selected.

• Works in non-WCS.
  • User has option to align object(s) to selected curve. (03.28.10)
  • Instead of selecting a curve, user has option to pick points, temporarily drawing a Polyline to copy along. (03.28.10)
  • If 'Align objects' option is selected, user has additional rotation option when copying has completed (90°, 180°, 270°). (03.28.10)

Enjoy and all comments are greatly appreciated. :)

Divide option:

CopyAlongCurve-D.gif

Measure option:

CopyAlongCurve-M.gif

Dynamic option:

CopyAlongCurve-Y.gif

Updated display align, drawing temporarily polyline and additional rotation options.

CopyAlongCurve-A.gif

Updated: 03.30.10 (v1.1)

CopyAlongCurve.LSP

Edited by alanjt
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Alan, it looks like you edited your original post on June 3rd and removed the code. Is that correct? Do you have any plans of re-posting? If you're going to remove your code from threads like this, you should replace the download with a message stating when the code will be re-posted so we don't get dozens of requests asking for the routine. Or, if you're not going to re-post the code, lets remove this thread since it serves no purpose.

I found alanjt's routine at another site (last link in his signature):D. It is the same exact post as this one here, but with lisp attachments. I can post the link directly to that thread if it's allowed.

Why are we advertising this routine here and posting the code on another forum??? :?

I don't think that is the case - although it looks like it from an onlookers point of view.

Alan removed quite a few of his programs earlier this year, but perhaps didn't remove them from theSwamp - his intention wasn't to divert traffic to theSwamp.

If the code has been removed then the thread should be deleted, otherwise we just end up with post after post from people asking where to find the routine.

Why was the code removed anyway? :unsure:

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I just came across this thread and code. Thanks for creating it, it's great. There is just one feature I would really appreciate being added. It would be nice if their were an option such that the object one wants to copy along a curve was inserted at the beginning and end points of the curve as well. Is that possible?

Thanks again.