Textedit ddedit

Daz Seaton

Just upgraded to AutoCAD 2015 and have the usual job of trying to make it work how I want and not how the development team want.

I used to use the DDEDIT command to edit multiple items of text, but in their superior wisdom AutoCAD have decided to supersede this command with TEXTEDIT. OK so it seems to work in the same way except for one crucial difference.

DDEDIT would allow you to select another piece of text once you had finished editing the first.

TEXTEDIT however the command exits after you have edited the text.

So if I have say 50 pieces of text to edit I now have to press return to rerun the last command before I can select the next piece of text, that is once I have noticed that the command has exited and I have to rerun it.:reallymad::reallymad::reallymad:

I also find my self pressing return as you did to exit the old DDEDIT command which then reruns the new TEXTEDIT command, so it is annoying me both ways.

Has anyone got a workaround to get back to the old behaviour before I put my fist through the monitor?

• 2 weeks later...

You can't go back in 2015 versions if AutoCAD. Drop back down if it's a deal killer then contact Autodesk and let them now.