MVSETUP... is really satan in disguise

S.A.F.

AutoCAD 2006 with service pack 1. No third party software loaded.

So I used MVSETUP to rotate the view in one of my layouts yesterday, that worked fine, but when I returned to model space everything went haywire.

First keyboard entry has gone south unless I start the command with the keyboard. EX: if I start the erase command and then select objects it works fine, if I select objects and press delete (or move, or match properties, or double click Mtext to edit etc, etc)NOTHING HAPPENS. say I select 3 lines, type M, spacebar, the three lines I just selected then deselect and I am prompted to select objects...

If I double click a block to open block editor, nothing happens. If I right click a block, nothing happens. Its as if all commands cancel, but my command line shows no activity... I used to be able to right click an object, drag it somewhere and get a context menu :move, copy, cancel. Now nothing, cant move anything that way.

This is universal, all my drawing files now behave like this.

I have time sensitive right click turned on, don't work.

I tried changing my profile back to AutoCAD default, no change.

When I noticed the problem yesterday I undid all my actions back to before the MVSETUP command, problem still exists.

Anyone have ANY idea

• 5 years later...
It sounds like your PICKFIRST variable got changed somehow. Check to make sure it is set to 1.

Thanks.... changing the pickfirst value in fact restores my right click menu !:D

• 2 years later...
It sounds like your PICKFIRST variable got changed somehow. Check to make sure it is set to 1.

Thank you, I spent two hours this morning and very closely destroyed my PC, before finding your post. I changed this setting and it immediately started working. The question is, how did this get changed between yesterday and this morning. Crazy, but thanks again.

Usually it will get reset if you cancel, escape, etc. a command, third party program or LISP, etc. that doesn't have proper error handling.