rotated vport still showing after assigned to frozen layer!!

xelaris

The Layout is made of 6 viewports...all of them on the same VPORTS layer - I froze the VPORTS layer and the border of all viewports disappear (as expected) except for a viewport which happen to be the only one rotated :ouch:....

Any idea?

Might the one VP that's not hiding also be Clipped?

Is the VP active?

Post a sample drawing if possible.

The vport in question is a poligon with different angles....right now I can't access the drawing (nor post an image) - I wish I could have spotted this basic difference earlier and adopt a simpler shape e.g. a rectangle and see if the problem persist (still, I don't think there should be any issue regardless of any shape adopted - not ideal really).

The reason I asked is because if it's clipped and the object used to clip it was not on your VPorts layer when it was clipped, then the VPorts layer isn't the layer that controls the VP border display.

The reason I asked is because if it's clipped and the object used to clip it was not on your VPorts layer when it was clipped, then the VPorts layer isn't the layer that controls the VP border display.

That sounds like a very likely hypothesis, and good deduction nestly.

The problem is sorted somehow (not exactly understood) as I have deleted the offending vport and created a new one: a basic rectangular vport which behave as expected.

I'd like to know what was causing the issue....I can only add that there was no clipping involved - it was a rectangular vport which I've edited via grips into a more irregular shape....then of course there might have been other factors (beyond my knowledge).

Unlike a standard rectangular viewport, Irregular shaped Viewports, and Clipped viewports consist of two objects, the Viewport, and the object used to define/modify the viewport. Both entities must be on the same layer, otherwise both layers have to be OFF/Frozen in order to hide the VP border.

I asked previously, but the offer still stands.... upload the drawing if you want/need a diagnosis of the problem.

xelaris, if I were you, I would take nestly up on his offer.

No doubt you will be glad you did, and better understand the issue, as a result.