Autocad 15

ba4084

The short answer is "YES", but some of it takes a little more work than just changing a setting in Options.

When you say "look" are you referring to classic toolbars vs the ribbon, or the new dark color scheme? or both or something else?

nestly interested in changing the dark color scheme my toolbar icons look a bit average now, just like previous version Ribbonclose and click on show menubar down button top left makes it look old style.

nestly - right, I'm wanting the classic toolbars verses the ribbon. It used to be an easy switch in the bottom right hand side of the screen. I appreciate your help.

Let go of the past, Luke. With all the changes to Windows OS, toolbars might go away with any upcoming version of AutoCAD. I would strongly recommend learning the ribbon interface.

I didn't use the ribbon until I installed 2015 two weeks ago. Now, I prefer it and can use it with only one hand on the mouse now.:lol:

The contextual tabs become very intuitive rather quickly. 2015 has done a very good job of actually researching which commands might be used most often and made those buttons HUGE. For instance matchprop. In even 2014, one had to search for the tiny little sucker, now it is right THERE. Of course typing MA gives one a shortcut menu list too, so no prob.

Strong the dark side is but beware. Pull you over it will. It's influences resist you must.
My 67 year old eyeballs, tell that to. Staring at a light computer screen, ticked off they get after 14+ hours.

I've gone over to the ribbon since I started learning Revit. Mostly so I don't get out of the practice of using the ribbon when I'm on ACAD. I'm now trying to convince people to try using the ribbon after years of showing them how to access the classic style. Although back then we had word processors masquerading as cad machines so the contextual bit dragged and the general computer performance wasn't great. Now we have competent machines so no excuses for at least not trying it.

Realizing my post wasn't that helpful I searched for an answer myself.

http://www.cadlinecommunity.co.uk/Blogs/Blog.aspx?ScoId=02cb4dda-495e-4a42-8811-17008bfca741

I quickly tried it and it seems to work. Although as the threads above mention it doens't hurt to learn the new interface in case Autodesk see fit to rip it away totally.

nestly - right, I'm wanting the classic toolbars verses the ribbon. It used to be an easy switch in the bottom right hand side of the screen. I appreciate your help.

Fortunately, Autodesk hasn't yet removed the toolbars, they've only removed the "Classic workspace". It's pretty easy to re-create one though.

Basically you open the CUI and make a new workspace, turn on the toolbars you want/need, make that workspace "current", save the changes and exit the CUI. When the CUI closes, you'll have a new workspace with a blank Ribbon, with all your toolbars also present. Close the Ribbon (RIBBONCLOSE), rearrange your toolbars as needed and save the workspace and you're done.

Here's a 3 minute video of the whole process. (best viewed in full screen)

I do recommend trying to learn to use the Ribbon because there's no telling what Autodesk might do in the future, but as for now, it's still your choice. ;)