Printing Problem

Newton his

I am attaching a picture of a pdf I am trying to print from autocad. You can see in the logo that there are some extra jagged line coming out. In the viewport and in the model space everything is smooth. Can not figure out why this is coming through when I export to PDF.

logo.PNG

Was the pdf inserted as an image or was it converted to a dwg object? Is it a raster pdf or vector? What print quality level are you using in your plot dialog? On the Options >> Plot and Publish tab, what method is being used to plot OLE objects? Below that, what is the method used to determine OLE plot quality level? Has the pdf been enlarged beyond its original size?

At first glance, it appears to be simply pixel bleed over due to a low resolution plot. Then again, the attachment is rather small. I had to zoom to see the artifacting.

The print quality does depend on how the image comes into the drawing.

If a raster image file is inserted (like a PNG of JPEG), then a PDF created from the drawing has good resolution. The downside of that is that if the drawing is sent elsewhere, the raster file has to be sent with it.

If you embed the image as pixels into the drawing, so that it does not need external files, then the PDF quality can be excruciating, because the PDF pixels are interfering with the image pixels.

So you use this block on drawings that you send back to customers as pdfs. Is the logo the only thing in the entire drawing that has this issue or are there other images in the same drawing that look similar after you export?

A thought just occurred to me I had an issue with some blocks I created that look fuzzy after I converted the drawing they were used in. The line weight I used to create the blocks was causing the blocks to look fuzzy and blurred when the drawing was converted. I don't know what your line type or line weight you used to create your block but it might be something to look at.

It looks to me like the pixel bleed you sometimes get when an Autocad solid hatch is printed/exported to PDF.

If those areas on your logo are filled in using a solid hatch then try hatching them with close set lines instead.

eg. 1.0 line thickness, 0.99 hatching gap.

I am attaching a picture of a pdf I am trying to print from autocad.
For some reason, I took this to mean it was a pdf IN AutoCad already and would not print clearly. Anyway, another road traveled.

Can you post the drawing or part of it?

That image is small I cannot tell anything.

What exactly is the object?

Its a JPEG of a PDF that was converted from a DWG zoom up your screen or get some reading glasses SLW210

I thought it my be some AutoCAD object, I do not see anywhere that the OP states it is a JPEG of a PDF. If that's the case the OP should remake the LOGO.

What purpose would zooming in serve? It would only distort more on my screen and offer no solution to OP's problem.

I'm pretty sure the OP said that it was created in AutoCAD. The OP is asking why the PDF is blurry. Of which, he made an image. The logical place to start is the AutoCAD object.

I thought it my be some AutoCAD object, I do not see anywhere that the OP states it is a JPEG of a PDF. If that's the case the OP should remake the LOGO.

What purpose would zooming in serve? It would only distort more on my screen and offer no solution to OP's problem.

Just havin a little fun with ya is all. I looked at the post at my house and the uploaded image is a jpeg. I don't know why it is I just know that it's a jpeg. His block is dwg that's being converted to a pdf. It is suspected that his line weight is the cause of the problem but the OP has as of yet gotten back to let us know.