Need help with this line type

sparkyuk

I am trying to make a line type and cant see whats wrong as the line overlaps the word can someone help me where I am going wrong please ?

*SUB_MAIN,SUB MAIN ----SUB MAIN--------SUB MAIN----

A,12.7,-5.08,["SUB MAIN",STANDARD,S=2.54,U=0.0,X=-2.54,Y=-1.27],-5.08

Yes that's great thank you

I can see you changed 2 parts to get it to work what are they doing to it ? could you explain so I know for the future please.

*submain,---SUB MAIN---

A,12.7,-1.8406,["SUB MAIN",Standard,S=2.54,R=0.0,X=-0.0,Y=-1.27],-18.8617

I moved your thread to the The CUI, Hatches, Linetypes, Scripts & Macros Forum.

Lots of tutorials on what all the different things do in a linetype.

http://www.thecadmasters.com/wordpress/index.php/2013/01/10/creating-custom-autocad-linetypes/

http://thecadgeek.com/blog/2010/05/make-linetype/

Even in AutoCAD help file...http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS73099cc142f4875513fb5cd10c4aa30d6b-7e65.htm,topicNumber=d0e367610

It will seem to be a good idea that before one starts creating custom linetypes they know what a linetype definition file is and what each part of the definition is responsible for. Would you attempt to write a novel without knowing what goes into telling a good story?

When 'designing' a linetype, work in MS of a new empty drawing with ltscale = 1 and msltscale = 0.

Draw your linetype (using AutoCAD tools) at your desired plotted size, and then actually measure the lines, gaps and text/symbols.

Then apply those measurements to the linetype definition.

Nice idea rkmcswain If you open up the .LIN files and have a look you will see common values 0.125 0.25 0.375 likewise the metric linetypes these are based around fraction of a inch measurements.

Unfortunately with the move to CD etc the old paper manual disappeared and stuff like how a SHP and linetypes works are now buried so deep in HELP you can not find them. I am lucky and still have my R12 manuals and I grab the lisp all the time.

Did HELP Search linetype and actually got there straight away and it describes what the numbers mean.Helplinetype.jpg