Anonymous blocks

Elisabeth83

Hoping someone can help!!

Starting form the beginning! - trying to add information from another company into my drawing (in this case tracking). First problem, could not copy in info as the tracking was just a proxy entity:(. Lots of research later I exported their drawing into ACAD and now I have a block that I can insert into my drawing:). but now I can't edit it:cry:. It is an anonymous block. I know the name - *U229 but I can't find it if I try RENAME. It keeps telling me old name invalid. I really really do not want to explode if I don't have to as I am worried about losing any data. Am I doing something wrong? :?

I'll take your word for it that this anonymous block name starts with the letter "U" and hopefully it is uniformly scaled. That being the case you can use a lisp routine called UNANON.lsp to convert the anonymous block to a normal Autocad block. Find the lisp routine here....http://www.draftsperson.net/index.php?title=Anonymous_Blocks_in_AutoCAD

The drawing was ours originally so ACAD LT, but the proxy was created by ObjectARX. I eventually used -BLOCK and then exploded the anonymous block in block editor so at least I did not have hundreds of lines to reselect!