The path to my project folder is gone!

Sasparilla

Starting last Thursday, when I want to open an existing drawing in v. 2011, the drop-down box no longer takes me to my project folder. Instead, I have to type in the whole address (c:\users\company\documents\projects\project name\etc...) in the command line. I have no idea how this got reset or how to get it back. This is a real nuisance!

How can I reset the path?

Having reread this, Edwin might be right, the title and problem descriptions are a bit ambiguous. :)

Should Edwin be right, you might want to look at the screenshot taken from the SYSVDLG command.

It seems more likely this would have changed than Rememberfolders, if so it was probably caused by a poorly written lisp.

It is always a good idea to have SAVED an .svf (system variable file), for situations like this when something changes, and you don't know what or why.

In that way it is really easy to restore all of your custom system variable settings if something happens.

You can create such a file using the SAVE button at the bottom of the SYSVDLG box.

filedia sysvdlg and save settings.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

Thank you! That solved the problem.

By "that", do you mean the FILEDIA system variable?

Have you save an .svf file for yourself yet?

It is really easy, takes about 5 seconds.

There will come another time when you will either be glad you did, or wish that you had. :|

Edited by Dadgad

Actually I did both:) First, I did the quick fix with the filedia command, then later I saved a .svf file.

It's difficult when you are used to having a CAD guruin the office that you can depend on to fix things, then find yourself on your own with no one to help. I'm so glad I found this forum.