Two part assembly loses it's ability to move

chubarka

Can someone tell me why when one part of an assembly of two parts has the ability to pivot is brought into an assembly with another part, it loses it's ability to pivot. I get a message that "it is fully defined and cannot move".

Thank you,

Chubarka

Image00844.jpg

I am attaching the fork and pivot to a base. The message is that everything is "fully defined and fixed".. My question is how do I unfix the fork and pivot so that it has the ability to move up and down? Right click does not not give me the option to release it.

Chubarka

Image00845.jpg

Image00846.jpg

When you insert a assembly A which include fork and pivot into assembly B, fork and pivot will be fixed because the assembly A become to be a part of assembly B. If you want to unfix them you must right click on assembly A ( Not fork or pivot ) in Feature manager design tree, then chose Dissolve Sub-assembly . Then they are unfixed

Ps: There is another way to solve your problem. If you the first way can't solve your problem I'll show you the second way8)

Edited by xuancanh

xuancanh,

thank you so much for your reply and your information. The technique did not work, however I may have mate issues, which may be the reason for it not working. If you would be good enough to let me have the second option, I would be most grateful.

chubarka

This is the second option:

In model of assemly B which include assembly A, you right click on assembly A, chose Component properties ( It is on the top right conner of new windows ). In Component properties you check in Flexible ( Default is Rigid ) and OK. Then parts of assembly A are unfixe. Hope it can solve your problem 8)

xuancanh,

Thank you for your effort. It is very important to me to have more than one way to treat an issue.

You have no idea what it means to a novice to know that there is a beacon in a storm.

churbarka