which one show correctly? A or B?

Sengna

i design roller with shaft, this roller suppose to grooves machined around the roller for V belt. One B i showed the line for the cut out down as shown but A it does not need to show. which one correct? this is looking straight on the roller. is this enough info for the machine shop guy can build?

ROLLER.jpg

B is the correct way to show that. I don't think you have enough info to get that built. Size of grooves, width and depth? Any Radius on the edges? Location of grooves? Diameter of hole for shaft, is it to be a press fit, etc? Tolerances?

B is the correct way to show that. I don't think you have enough info to get that built. Size of grooves, width and depth? Any Radius on the edges? Location of grooves? Diameter of hole for shaft, is it to be a press fit, etc? Tolerances?

Ok, that is what i thought too, Thank Rkent, I am still working on the actual groove dims, i need to see the size of the V belt that are available from the manufacturer, Can you please explain more about press or tolerance fit? press fit will be like tight fit right?? which diameter of hole you refer to? i specified the Dia of the roller and the shaft already though.

You will need a hole through the roller for the 3/4" shaft, but is the shaft to sit still and the roller move over that, probably not since that would be a lot of wear. So the shaft goes through the roller and you need a way to keep the roller and shaft as one, so you will need a way to keep them together. Either a set screw or you can make the hole and the shaft the right dims so they are pressed together so tightly they stay as one. Tolerances are used to control the amount of slack that can be brought into the various features and still work as intended.

The belt type is Vee belt (A/13) , the widest part of the belt is .50", the bottom is .3875" and the belt hieght is .3125". to fit well in the groove on the roller, what is the good allowable tolerance should i have on the groove? should i allow 1/16" on the width and hight on the groove? I don't know much about groove design. please advice. thanks