Custom Linetypes

buttonbutton

Can anyone confirm that i can't create a new linetype with text in autocad lt 2014 ..

For example i need it to look like

---OHL---

It keeps saying invalid number or bad continuation, i can create a linetype with dashes and spaces but not any with text.

Thanks for reading

I cannot answer directly as I use 2013, but if you start the linetype manager and click on the load button, it will show you all the standard linetypes. Check that list to see if there are any built in types with text such as ----GAS---- or ---HW--- which are standard, if they are there I can't see why creating your own should be a problem.

Thanks Steven

There is standard linetypes with characters such as gas and hw but when i try and create using -linetype it keeps coming threw with that error code .. i read that LT doesn't do complex linetypes and i wasn't sure if they fell under that category..

i tried with both ..

A,.5,["Ex",AA,s=.1,x=-.07,y=.02],.11,["is",AA,s=.1,x=-.04,y=.02],.11,["ti",AA,s=.1,x=-.05,y=.02],.11,["ng",AA,s=.1,x=-.07,y=.02],.17,["11",AA,s=.1,x=-.06,y=.02],.11,["kV",AA,s=.1,x=-.07,y=.02],.25,["OHL",AA,s=.1,x=-.12,y=.02],.11

this is what i found online and i just cant get it accepted ..

Thanks Steven

There is standard linetypes with characters such as gas and hw but when i try and create using -linetype it keeps coming threw with that error code .. i read that LT doesn't do complex linetypes and i wasn't sure if they fell under that category..

There is no reason why you couldn't create a custom linetype using the letters OHL similar in structure to AutoCAD's ---GAS--- linetype using LT 2014.

Thanks but i have managed to do it .. simply copied the iso file then modified it then saved it then load .. works perfect thanks for all the help

it was supposed to create a line type

-----11kV OHL----

but i simply modified the file and created a new one from the template for the GAS ..

how do i insert a symbol into a linetype .. i need a circle with an arrow inside it .. is that possible ?

One way would be to incorporate a shape file in your linetype definition but I'm not exactly sure you'll be able to create one using LT. One advantage full AutoCAD has are two Express Tools called Make Shape and Make Linetype.

Another possibility might be the inclusion of a Wingding but I've never tried it so I cannot confirm if it is doable or not. This of course assumes you are able to locate a suitable wingding. Maybe steven-g can come up with another suggestion.

That's the only one I could find in WingDings as well. I did try some other fonts but I gave up after coming up empty searching a half dozen more.

i tried with both ..

A,.5,["Ex",AA,s=.1,x=-.07,y=.02],.11,["is",AA,s=.1,x=-.04,y=.02],.11,["ti",AA,s=.1,x=-.05,y=.02],.11,["ng",AA,s=.1,x=-.07,y=.02],.17,["11",AA,s=.1,x=-.06,y=.02],.11,["kV",AA,s=.1,x=-.07,y=.02],.25,["OHL",AA,s=.1,x=-.12,y=.02],.11

this is what i found online and i just cant get it accepted ..

It all depends on what font you have used to set up TextStyle AA

WhatFont.jpg