change 3 decimal to 2

sanjeeve

I have use the microsurvey to create softdesk points, it form block for each point it display the point number elevation and description these elevations are 3 decimal I want to convert them to 2 decimal

If I understand you corectly then you can achieve this by using the "Block Editor".

Type "BEDIT" in command line, or double click on one of the blocks.

Changing it at the block level will change it on all instances in that dwg.

If you have trouble then post a copy of your dwg file and I'll take a look.

Do all the blocks have the same name? Or are they different names?

I assumed they were all the same so you could change them in one place and it will change them everywhere.

Can you upload a sample dwg? That will probably help to give you a better solution.

I see what you mean now.

I do not know of any way to change this globally when they are all distinct attributes.

What software did this get exported from? I'd say it is a matter of a setting in there before you export.

(Or you could try re-importing if another office did the original export, and then exporting again with correct settings).

Good luck.

Wait! There is one other option.

Edit the block to have a new attribute with a field. Set the field to an "object" and then the "position" and then the z value of the block (tick the box) and set to 2 decimal places.

Then remove the "ELEV" attribute and reposition the others so they are as you have them in your model.

Then save the block definition and run the ATTSYNC command (Name, Point, Yes).

I have attached a scren shot of the attribute settings and the dwg with the corrected number of decimal places. Will take about 5 minutes once you know how.new block 2.dwg

Field with 2 Decimal Z Value.PNG