Fillet polylines

Sweety

Hi people

it is been for a long time I did not login, hope you are all doing fine.

I am here today seeking help and this is what I need.

Sometimes I have 2 or 3 or 4 maximum light polylines and I need to fillet and convert them to one polyline. how can I do that?

Thanxxx.

fillet.dwg

You could do this using the PEDIT command, M for Multiple items to be selected with a crossing window, specify the Join option at the commandline prompt, if you set your Fuzz Distance liberally enough to span any likely gaps.

I thought I tested using Fuzz Distance of 500, which seemed quite liberal, and it worked great on the images in your drawing.

May have been mistaken, and entered a smaller fuzz distance? Eldon used 5, and it worked well.

I know you posted this in the lisp forum, but this will give you a game plan for one way to do it. :|

Lee Mac has lots of very useful lisps for Polylines (and everything else under the sun) on his excellent site.

http://www.lee-mac.com/polylineprograms.html

Thanks Lee! :beer:

Edited by Dadgad

Here is what must be the original version of it, I haven't tried it, might need to be updated for contemporary software?

http://ww3.cad.de/foren/ubb/uploads/sero/exfillet.lsp.txt

Sounds like a good tool, I have never used it, it predates my learning Autocad.

No wonder it is no longer available. It works by clicking on each line, and auto-repeats after two lines have been joined. Your first post about PEDIT - Multiple does it all in one go, with just one window selection.

LeeMac has a great one, of course.

http://www.lee-mac.com/mlinetopline.html

That is a great one, that I have downloaded, but never used, and subsequently forgotten, as my MLINES don't get used much anymore!

Mlines are great for how quickly they can be done, but much more user friendly after they have had this treatment.

Thanks Lee! :beer:

Many thanks all, I very much appreciate all of your recommendations & positive feedback for my programs :)

For what it's worth, if you wish to obtain the appearance of a multiline but also wish to remain using polylines, this program removes the additional step of creating the mline and then separately converting it to a polyline. In my opinion, the MLINE command provides a useful means of creating multiple offset lines (i.e. combining the PLINE & OFFSET commands into a single operation), but the resulting MLine objects created by this command are restrictive and are inevitably exploded at some point.

Lee

Thanx guys.

Dadgad your first reply helps but I can't have the fuzz of 500 with the other polylines in my drawing and not the one that included into the attached drawing in this thread.

The other suggestions by the nice guys don't help at all.

...Sometimes I have 2 or 3 or 4 maximum light polylines and I need to fillet and convert them to one polyline. how can I do that?

In your sample drawing, did you want to make one polyline of all the segments or five smaller separate polylines?

I used Pedit with the Multiple option, and then Join.

If I took a Fuzz factor of 5, I got five polylines (including one closed polyline).

If I took a Fuzz factor of 500, I got two polylines.

Fuzziness.jpg

Eldon, I believe that the five distinct polylines is the goal.

I just threw out a seriously big (bordering on astronomical) number for the fuzz factor, in my normal use, I always use zero, and it works great.

I hadn't even checked what the dimensions of anything in the drawing were, likely in most instances, a much smaller number would be appropriate, as per your suggestion and results using fuzz value of 5. This can obviously be changed as needed on the fly, with the commandline prompt. :beer:

Many thanks all, I very much appreciate all of your recommendations & positive feedback for my programs :)

For what it's worth, if you wish to obtain the appearance of a multiline but also wish to remain using polylines, this program removes the additional step of creating the mline and then separately converting it to a polyline. In my opinion, the MLINE command provides a useful means of creating multiple offset lines (i.e. combining the PLINE & OFFSET commands into a single operation), but the resulting MLine objects created by this command are restrictive and are inevitably exploded at some point.

Lee

Lee, as expected, truly outstanding, how did I ever miss that one?

Downloaded, and may well find its way into my preload lisp briefcase, like a bunch of your other gems!

Thanks Lee! You never cease to amaze me. :beer: