how to divide a line?

not so straightforward :) I don't need the command "DIVIDE" as this one is asking me in how many segment i'd like to divide a given line.... I need to divide a line evenly every 12.5 meters... I don't know how many segments there will going to be.

also, i'd need to place a marker at each 12.5

so, first I defined a block, which is a small circle, then i typed MEASURE, block, name of block.... but nothing... the block doesn't get inserted.

I've attached the line i want to divide, the block is the red circle at the beginning of the line, I saved it as a block, but i have no idea why it doesn't get inserted...

Anyone?

thanks!

to divide.dwg

Edited by cat3appr

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MillerMG

• ReMark

• SAFeSTeR

• cat3appr

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is with your block, not with the Measure command. When you created the block, you did not place the Base Point at the center of the circle. Open your drawing and do a Zoom Extents. You will see that your blocks are there, they are just way out in space. Create a new block and place the Base Point at the center of the circle. Then try the Measure command again.

The problem is with your block, not with the Measure command. When you created the block, you did not place the Base Point at the center of the circle. Open your drawing and do a Zoom Extents. You will see that your blocks are there, they are just way out in space. Create a new block and place the Base Point at the center of the circle. Then try the Measure command again.

oh man, thanks Cad64, you were right on the money :)

Nice tip there, however, I tried it myself using a meterage marker block at 50m intervals along a pipe route and the editable attributes contained within the block disappear. Does anyone know why this is? If I INSERT the block manually they are fine.

Is this the message you are receiving?

That block has no editable attributes.

I'll assume that it is. You know that one block you inserted and it works fine? Invoke the ATTSYNC command and when prompted to select, pick that one block. Magic happens. Now all the blocks used in the MEASURE command should have editable attributes. Ta-da!

I'm not getting any error messages and the blocks are placed along the line at the desired interval, it's just the attribute is missing from them. There isn't even an 'Attributes' section in the properties window. I looked in the block editor and the attribute is there and other instances of the block are fine.

Edited by SAFeSTeR

You read as far as the reference to the message and stopped reading?

Invoke the ATTSYNC command and select the one instance of the block that you inserted. Presto-chango the blocks used in the Measure command will now have attributes that can be edited.

Just curious, can you do somewhat the same with the BURST command ReMark?

BURST would not work. Why? Because any attribute objects would be converted to text objects.

I've tested the ATTSYNC method described previously twice and it worked both times. The key to its success however is that the user have at least one inserted block in the drawing that was not created via the Measure command.

You read as far as the reference to the message and stopped reading?
I must have, but not once do I remember seeing that part of your message and I read it a few times :unsure: Anyway, it works fine, thanks.

It helps if you wear your glasses when reading posts.:lol: I know it works for me. And 10 cups of coffee really improves the alertness level.:shock: