Plan view Manhole Labels

Silvercloak

I'm losing my mind over here. For months I've been using horrible drafting techniques (yes I've even exploded at times) to get around this and I'm hating it. HATING it... I need to fix this permanently once and for all. Can anyone tell me how to get the leader to actually TOUCH the frigging manhole?

I can't seem to find anything in my style settings... Screen caps to follow...

manhole.png

style2.jpg

If anyone has any idea....

Silvercloak

style1.jpg

We can work through all 152 if it solves this. Tried those - but it hasn't fixed it... Incidentally it seems to only be a big problem when the viewport is rotated. Which is asnine since seriously - how hard is it to anchor the frigging leader to the center of the structure? That's ALL i ask.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Silvercloak,

Could you possibly post a .dwg of this so I can play around with it?

Well I've run across the problem again. I tried to prepare the drawing for transmittal, but as soon as I promoted the datalinks - BOOM the manholes connected. Which is quite an impractical solution since the entire purpose of data shortcuts is NOT to have everything repeated in each drawing but rather referenced....

I have no idea why it being a data shortcut should make a difference.

Oh and if I XREF it, it usually fixes it. But if I Xref AND Data Shortcut the pipe network in the same drawing, there's a good chance it'll bork the profiles. (this is another autoCAD glitch I've run across) so it's always either or.

And I DETEST having profiles xrefed into a drawing.

Silvercloak

I have no idea haha. I'm sorry Silvercloak. I will tell you that I also DETEST having profiles xrefed into a drawing. They NEVER come out right or even close to it. The text is always in spots that its not in, in the XREF

I have no idea haha. I'm sorry Silvercloak. I will tell you that I also DETEST having profiles xrefed into a drawing. They NEVER come out right or even close to it. The text is always in spots that its not in, in the XREF

I bet. It's so awkward too, flipping and back and forth between your production drawing and your xref to make sure the profile lines up and agrees with your plan view. Stupidest set up, but I've dealt with drawings like that. Absolutely the dumbest set up around.

Silvercloak

I did that two times and said I would never do it again. I ended up spending WAY too much time trying to move all the text little by little. Once you think you figured out the offset it is different for each text and leader. Really drives me crazy