Auto Drawing generation

MOHAN

Hi, i would like to generate auto cad drawings automatically based on the Input available (for an example, i want to generate Beam to beam "Fin plate" connections. i am having input as Incoming Beam details, supporting beam details, plate thickness, bolt size, gauge & pitches etc.,) based on these inputs i would like to generate sketches automatically.attachment.php?attachmentid=59517&cid=1&stc=1 any suggestions?:unsure:

Query-Autocad.JPG

So you're talking about using a custom lisp routine?

I am not having full idea about LISP. if it possible to done by LISP means i will try it

So it sounds like you want to do this automatically but you don't know what method you want to use because it must work both in LT and in full AutoCAD. Is that correct?

See if this program works for you Advanced Steel.

Thanks for your reply.

In my office only limited software's are available. that's my issue. because of these issue i am trying it in Excel and autocad combination

Then you'll want to look further into the topic "using Excel to draw in AutoCAD" or something similar. You'll find various threads about the subject scattered across a handful of forums similar to this one.

A simple example of what I am referring to can be found here...http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/qaID.asp?tip=6606

Edited by ReMark

auto draw hum doubt it but yes excel can draw by copying the data directly in the command line but a lot of if's will be involve in excel in order to get all the flavors.

I would draw a dynamic block that way flavors will be availiable to the user.

Time consuming but very helpfull in all your future projects.

One can always lisp but user cannot prfit from it using LT.

Dynamic blocks rules with LT for different flavors here.

Unless you plan to invest many hours and using vlookup table for diffent flavors and never ending ending if commands along with a front page for preselection.

best

R

Like SLW210 the time you spend on excels will just drive you crazy, go and buy something off the shelf it takes seconds to do that type of detail. Work out how many hours equal the price of the software. let alone your production time is so much improved form day one.

http://www.cad.com.au/strucplus/strucplus.htm or google "Strucplus"

Note the briscad version this is instead of LT as an option.

You may find that using AutoCAD VBA is preferred over using LISP. I have done just such a thing using a spreadsheet with columns of dimensions, then having VBA read each column and create a new drawing from each column of inputs.