Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 6 results

1. can we lock lisp with a MAC Address of laptop or pc so that other pc can't run that. or any other security advise so that other system can't run it. thanks
  2. Folks, Is it possible to set an expiration date on DWG files?!
  3. I work on my own, and only on the one machine. I have no need to access my work from anywhere else. I have this uneasy feeling that when I click on the "Floppy Disc" icon my work goes whizzing off into cyberspace. That makes me uneasy! Call me old-fashioned. Call me a dinosaur. Call me a Luddite if you will! I just don't feel happy sending my work off to places unknown and unseen in the clutches of persons unknown and unknowable. How can I ensure that my work stays on my machine and only on my machine?
  4. Hello Everyone, I was wondering if someone could offer some advice. We have some dynamic blocks that we have put a lot of hard work and development into but unfortunately they keep showing up in our competitors drawings and models. Does anyone know of a way to lock a dynamic block or remove it parameters without exploding them? (If you explode you drastically increase the files size.) Can you copyright/trademark a dynamic block? Your knowledge and guidance is always appreciated. John
  5. Ok before I start I want to give you a bit of insight. I am currently working for a company that I would like to make Vlisps for to make my job quicker and easier. With that being said I would like to protect my vlisp and also make it so if they somehow managed to snatch a copy of my vlisp I could turn off the further use of it (Remote Turnoff). I have read some pretty dated forum post on .FAS .VLX and .NET compiled vlisps and their security(One of the newest being in 2009). And, would love to hear what you guys think about it or if you can provide other more secure compilers. As for the Remote Turnoff I was going to use a Serial Number with a date and loginname verification, but shortly thereafter I found out you could roll back the date, and didn’t think about it at the time but you could easily change the loginname. Then I got thinking what if I could verify the user was connected to the internet then load an internet source and read its code. I looked into this and tried some codes but couldn’t manage to get them to work the way I wanted. Any help you guys could provide would be a great help. Thank you in advance, CadWarrior
  6. Hi folks. I'm a programmer, new to this forum, and have not had much experience using AutoCAD. One of my friends has written some hatches for AutoCAD and is interested in selling them.He asked me if that's possible to deploy the hatches without letting the end user access the source (at least not in plain text). As far as I could find out, AutoCAD saves the hatches in a .ptn file in plain text. Is there anyway that I can alter the way AutoCAD accesses custom user hatches and at least make it not very accessible for his customers? Thanks in advance.