Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'viewport scale'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CADTutor
    • News, Announcements & FAQ
    • Feedback
  • AutoCAD
    • AutoCAD Beginners' Area
    • AutoCAD 2D Drafting, Object Properties & Interface
    • AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output
    • AutoCAD 3D Modelling & Rendering
    • AutoCAD Vertical Products
    • AutoCAD LT
    • CAD Management
    • AutoCAD Bugs, Error Messages & Quirks
    • AutoCAD General
    • AutoCAD Blogs
  • AutoCAD Customization
    • The CUI, Hatches, Linetypes, Scripts & Macros
    • AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    • .NET, ObjectARX & VBA
    • Application Beta Testing
    • Application Archive
  • Other Autodesk Products
    • Autodesk 3ds Max
    • Autodesk Revit
    • Autodesk Inventor
    • Autodesk Software General
  • Other CAD Products
    • BricsCAD
    • SketchUp
    • Rhino
    • SolidWorks
    • MicroStation
    • Design Software
    • Catch All
  • Resources
    • Tutorials & Tips'n'Tricks
    • AutoCAD Museum
    • Blocks, Images, Models & Materials
    • Useful Links
  • Community
    • Introduce Yourself
    • Showcase
    • Work In Progress
    • Jobs & Training
    • Chat
    • Competitions

Categories

• Programs and Scripts
  • 2D AutoCAD Blocks
  • 3D AutoCAD Blocks
  • Images
    • Backgrounds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 9 results

1. Hi I'm new to the site so I'll try and be as clear as possible! I am creating a new title block for my office. In the new block I am using fields to limit the amount we have to fill it out. This has worked well with the exception of getting the viewport scale to work properly. I have visited just about every forum on the internet to see how to make this work and all i can discover is that I don't appear to be doing anything wrong. So my question is this. I am using a field in a title block that links to a viewport to give its custom scale value. ie the viewport is set at 1:100 then in the title block says that the scale shown in the drawing is 1:100. If I have to change the scale in the viewport to 1:50 then i can regen my layout and my title block will now say that the scale shown in the drawing is 1:50. Like Magic!! However this is not working for the scales 1:5, 1:25 & 1:200. Instead of the scale the field in the block just says "CUSTOM". Does anyone know why and how i can fix this? It makes no sense to me and works with all the other scales that we use. Thanks in advance
  2. Hi Everyone, Situation: I created a 3d isometric view of a 1/2" pvc prototype assembly I made. In model space, I'm using block attributes to label fittings and pieces to create a parts list. Problem: In layout tab I can zoom and set up my view pretty much as I want. The view scale box in status bar shows the decimal value for the zoomed view but when the view scale box is clicked on, the standard scale menu does not appear and I can't figure out why. When I go into the properties palette for the viewport the Standard Scale box shows Custom. When clicked on, the full standard scale appears but when I set it to any value other than Custom the value momentarily sets then resets back into Custom. The annotation scale entry in the viewport properties palette for the attribute blocks can be set without a problem. I have a feeling there's a simple explanation (setting) for this but search as I might I can't find an answer. Any answers/suggestions for where to look further is greatly appreciated. Using Autocad 2014. Thanks, macsee
  3. Greetings all! I recently wrote a routine that took information from the user via a dialog box and populated our titlemark block. After I got this working I wanted to add some additional functionality by having the user pick the viewport the titlemark would be associated with and by using a field populate the scale in the titlemark instead of having the user type in the input. I have attached my desired result. here is the code I am using, I think my problem area is in red. (defun C:TLMK ( / TLMK_LEN PT1) (setvar "CMDECHO" 0) (setq tempunits (getvar "insunits")) ;======================================================================================================================================== LOADS DIALOG BOX (defun TLMK(/ DCL_ID) (setq DCL_ID (load_dialog "n:/tuterj/AutoLISP/Working/TL-MK_Scale_add.DCL")) (if (not (new_dialog "TLMK" DCL_ID)) (exit)) (setq mark_n nil) (setq title_n nil) (action_tile "cancel" "(done_dialog) (exit)") (action_tile "mark_n" "(setq mark_n $value)") (action_tile "title_n" "(setq title_n $value)") (start_dialog) (unload_dialog DCL_ID) (princ) ) ;defun TLMK (TLMK) ;======================================================================================================================================== End of Dialog BOx [color=red](vl-load-com)[/color] [color=red](setq vpent (car (nentsel "\nselect viewport"))) ;user selects viewport and viewport id is stored under vpent[/color] [color=red](vlax-ename->vla-object vpent) ;vpent is transformed from an entity to a VLA object[/color] [color=red](setq scale_fld (strcat "%<\AcObjProp.16.2 Object(%<\_ObjId "(vl-princ-to-string(vla-get-Objectid vpent))">%).CustomScale \f\"%sn\">%")) ;assigns field expression to variable.[/color] (setq PT1 (getpoint "\nselect insertion point: ")) (setvar "ATTDIA" 0) (setq title_u (strcase title_n)) ;declaring additional variable to change case for title_n (setvar "insunits" 0) ;setting insertion units to unitless for proper scale of inserted block (command "insert" "N:/Tuterj/AutoLISP/Working/TitleMark-field.dwg" PT1 "" "" title_u scale_fld mark_n) ;inserting the contents of TitleMark drawing and inserting user input from dialog box. (setvar "ATTDIA" 1) (setvar "CMDECHO" 1) (setvar "insunits" tempunits) ) ;defun C:TLMK I have also attached the error I am getting when I try to run the routine. I would appriciate any help anyone is willing to provide. Thank you all for your time and for reading.
  4. I have been looking through a ton of threads and can only find half an answer to what I'm looking for: When I draw in mm, I have to set the scale of the viewport to 1:30 or somewhere in that range. But in reality, the object that Im drawing isn't 1/30th of the size that it prints. How do I get the scale right to print the object at its actual size? cad 2013 sorry if its a noob question
  5. Hi All I have just installed 2012 and have drawn a 3d model. In paperspace i have a couple of viewports , all nicely set out at 1:5 scale. then i click in another viewport and bam, all the other viewports change scale (zoom out) and orientation. is there some system variable that i have overlooked? Cheers Marcus
  6. Hi, I'm working on a drawing from a client which has been produced in a program called PLSCadd and exported as a .dxf file. The problem is that when I click my viewport the scale list only shows some kind of imperial measurements 1/128" = 1'-0", 1/64" = 1'-0", 1/32" = 1'-0" etc., etc. How do I get these to show up as 1:2, 1:4, 1:10 etc? I've tried looking in drawing units, format menu, page setup and some other places but nothing has worked. Thanks in advance.
  7. Okay, I'm new to drawing and I need help getting my text/dimensions to be legible on an 11x17 sheet. I had no problems when my company used Arch D (24x36) but in an effort to "going green" we converted to the B size paper (11x17). Has anyone found a useful chart for plotting in different scales. Maybe a standard size chart. I usually print in 3/8", 1/2", 6", and full size paper space viewports. Please save me from having to invent some type of microscope for paper!
  8. I just started at this company and each time I try to choose a scale for my viewport I am confronted with a daunting list of hundreds of scales to choose from. Most of them have XREFXREFXREFXREF....following them. My question is how can I reset this to the default list of scales? Or at least purge or edit this massive list. BTW, the same happens when selecting annotative scale. We are on AutoCad 2008. Thank you in advance.
  9. Hi all I am going through my viewports properties, changing the annotation scales that for some reason are different to the viewport scales (why you would want a different annotation scale i dont know) does anyone know how when i make a viewport, with a certain scale, i can have it that the annotation scale automatically is the same as the veiwport scale? cheers