Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 4 results

1. Good Day AllI've turned to forum advice and I really hope someone can help me.I have to create 13 wall panels that will be laser cut. The panel drawings were done in Inventor and I'm editing the flat pattern in AutoCAD. If you look at the attached images of one of these panels you will get the idea, each panel cut-out "pattern" must be randomly generated and I was hoping someone could give me some advice as doing this manually, by hand, is insane and after all we work on machines and machines can automate right!? I am also attaching a flat pattern of one of the panels (they all have different height and width dimensions too). Just as a side note I did try a scatter script but it doesn't give the appropriate result because if you look closely you will see the dashes are inline but randomly knocked out. I was thinking maybe a random dashed line script or procedure that can then be exploded to rectangular shapes for DXF export or a custom random hatch but I don't know how to do either. Hope I'm making sense. Thank you in advance.
  2. nicolas

Hatch Creation

Hi, I need to create a rectangular tile hatch that is 200 (w) x 300 (h). So far using USER, I have been able to do square tiles (100x100 and 300x300). Is there any simple way to create a hatch pattern file for such rectangular tiles? Thanks.
  3. Hello everybody, as most of you know, a drawing file has tables containing linetypes, etc. so there is no need to have acad.lin or acadiso.lin to get definition of loaded linetypes. I find out this is also correct for hatch patterns, i.e. if you use a hatch pattern to hatch a boundary, even after deleting the HATCH object, definition of the pattern remains in the drawing. My questions are: 1- How is it possible to get these hatch pattern definitions? (for linetypes AutoLISP functions (tblobjname), (tblnext), etc. work well, but for patterns not.) 2- How can one purge them out of drawing? Thanks in advance
  4. Hi, I'm familiar with creating hatch patterns using notepad, I have been scouring the web for any examples that meet what I’m looking to do: I'm looking to create a customer hatch pattern where text is defined within the pattern in the same way text is defined within a custom line-type. So far, the only examples I have found show the text being drawn line by line. I don’t know if it is possible to do what I’m looking to do, although I’d be surprised if it can’t be done in some way. Any help would be appreciated even if it's to tell me it can’t be done - as it would save me a lot of time going through the forums & AutoCAD help file. Thanks in advance Gman Running OS: XP, AutoCAD 2008