Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 8 results

1. Hey all! Been a while... New job... Working in 2008 LT SP1 right now, and have been noticing most drawings I have inherited are HUGE! Even a blank drawing I have created from deleting objects, purging, ran "audit" and saved back is still over 300kb. Decided to open this up in ACAD LT 2012. and get this dialog... Clicking YES and saving the file reduces the file size in some cases 10 fold... Is this option available in 2008 LT? If so, I do not see the dialog. Read elsewhere that this dialog, once turned off (check the box), cannot be turned back on. Thoughts anyone? Glad to be back! -SlimP
  2. Hello, So, here's the scoop: I'm drafting a property survey, obviously beginning in 1:1 scale. Now, this has to fit on a predefined viewport which rests on an 11 x 17 sheet. The only way I can get it to fit is by scaling the drawing to 1:30 or 1:20 scale within model space. Any clues as to how this can be done? A million thanks in advance! Cheers!
  3. Hey all, I'm setting up some plan and profiles (I DON'T HAVE CIVIL3D) with MAP3D. I have a couple of autolisp routines to help with the profile grid, but one thing that confuses me, the grid should be in paper space and the vertical scale set based on paper space, right? I'm assuming that the actual contours/polylines (once I have them georeferenced) will go in model space. Thanks for any tips,
  4. Hi there. I've created a .cui file for my business unit, but I'm having an issue which I'm not sure how to solve. I have created a pull down with text scales and dims scales, so depending on the scale of drawing you are using, you will always have a uniform text to use. (Annotative text can't be used due to client restrictions). Now, I originally had the text set to romanS, but upon a discussion, we now need to use arial narrow. It looks better and takes up less room, apparently. CAD doesn't have an SHX file for this, so I have used the Windows TTF and renamed it to arialn, as that is the system name for it, but when reloading the .cui with this simple text alteration, it has reduced all my custom icons to clouds with question marks, and will only give me text in arial, not arial narrow. If anyone has had an issue like this before and knows of a solution, please let me know. I would be very grateful. Thank you.
  5. If I used millimeters as my UNITS, how can I scale them when plotting it into A1 or A0? How will I know the scale that I will use in Layout tab so that it will fit on the paper that I will used?a
  6. I've been "fixing" ADesk's stuff-up ... or trying to for a while now. But I'm hitting my head against one feature: Adding a Scale to an Object without using the -ObjectScale command. The reason I want to not use the command is that I want it to work inside of blocks as well. Now it seems reasonably easy when it comes to blocks/text/mtext. Where it gets difficult is with dimensions, hatching & mleaders. Attached is what I have so far. You may need some code in the Caddons Suite to run this as it uses some libraries from there. Most of it works reasonably, the function I've got problems with is Scales:Atatch on line 307. It's not complete, so I'd advise to not use it yet on any production drawings. And ity sertainly isn't optimized, I first wanted to get it to work ... so I'm calling functions numerous times where it could conceivably have been done much more efficiently. Functions might still also be renamed to be more consistent. Basically my idea was to extract the currently displayed scale (Object Context Data Dictionary item). This works fine with the Scales:GetDisplayed function, which checks if the CAnnoScale equals one of the attached scales (which is gotten from the Scales:Entity:ListAttachedData function), if not then get the 1st attached scale. Then use that to generate a new DXF list - removing the -1,5,102 & 330 items, then modifying the items which vary due to the scale by a factor calculated from the newscale/displayedscale. With dims, you get a reference to the unnamed block which forms the dim. Each context data seems to have its own unnamed block. So how should one generate such? Should I make a temporary dim to match, delete it then use it's non-purged unnamed block? Then also hatches seem to have 2 separate dictionaries which contain separate contextdata items: an ACDB_ANNOTATIONSCALE_VIEW_COLLECTION (containing ACDB_HATCHVIEWCONTEXTDATA_CLASS items) and the "normal" ACDB_ANNOTATIONSCALES (containing ACDB_HATCHSCALECONTEXTDATA_CLASS items). Both of these items seem to have the exact same data for each scale attached ... up to a point (290 code). Then the HATCHVIEWCONTEXTDATA item has additional values 100, 330, 10, 51 & 290. Anyone have an idea what these entail? I'm about 2 micro meters away from giving it all up for a bad try, and restarting it in C++/C#. Would be a shame really because it was getting real close! I've been trying to understand the ObjectARX help on this as well, though the closest thing I can see is the AcDbAnnotationScale::copyFrom method ... it doesn't say much about what it does. More about what error codes it returns. Scales.LSP
  7. I find annotative scales useful for text and for dimensions but what annoys me is that when the scale is changed, it affects the linetypes globally once a regen is performed. For text, dims, hatch etc, you are able to choose whether or not to make an object annotative, is there a way of opting out when it comes to linetypes? Even though the annotative function has been around for a few years now, it still seems like AutoDesk have done a half-job on it. With both the Global LTS & Annotative scales able to alter linetypes globally, surely (1) LTS should simply be phased out, or (2) there should be a way of protecting the linetypes from annotative scale changes for those who want that control. This is the main reason I haven't encouraged any of my clients to adopt the use of Annotative scales yet. Linetypes are difficult enough to understand and manage for the low-end user and now there's one extra complication and potential avenue of cock-up. It also seems as though linetypes are not affected by Annotative scales in drawings created in 2009 and older. Any advice would be appreciated and I'd be interested to hear other opinions.
  8. I am trying to draw details at multiple scales in one drawings, ex. 3"=1'-0", 1 1/2"=1'-0", 3/4"=1'-0" and have come across a problem. I am only allowed to have one ltscale per drawing, so how can I make the lines (dashed lines, centerlines, etc.) show up correctly???