Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'feature line'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CADTutor
    • News, Announcements & FAQ
    • Feedback
  • AutoCAD
    • AutoCAD Beginners' Area
    • AutoCAD 2D Drafting, Object Properties & Interface
    • AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output
    • AutoCAD 3D Modelling & Rendering
    • AutoCAD Vertical Products
    • AutoCAD LT
    • CAD Management
    • AutoCAD Bugs, Error Messages & Quirks
    • AutoCAD General
    • AutoCAD Blogs
  • AutoCAD Customization
    • The CUI, Hatches, Linetypes, Scripts & Macros
    • AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    • .NET, ObjectARX & VBA
    • Application Beta Testing
    • Application Archive
  • Other Autodesk Products
    • Autodesk 3ds Max
    • Autodesk Revit
    • Autodesk Inventor
    • Autodesk Software General
  • Other CAD Products
    • BricsCAD
    • SketchUp
    • Rhino
    • SolidWorks
    • MicroStation
    • Design Software
    • Catch All
  • Resources
    • Tutorials & Tips'n'Tricks
    • AutoCAD Museum
    • Blocks, Images, Models & Materials
    • Useful Links
  • Community
    • Introduce Yourself
    • Showcase
    • Work In Progress
    • Jobs & Training
    • Chat
    • Competitions

Categories

• Programs and Scripts
  • 2D AutoCAD Blocks
  • 3D AutoCAD Blocks
  • Images
    • Backgrounds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 3 results

1. We often have ditches in roadway cross sections. I create a feature line to model the bottom of the ditch, so that there's a target for the slope into the ditch. My question is, is there any way to specify a point by providing a station and an offset off the road alignment, so that I can place the feature line nodes accurately? What I've been doing is 1) draw a series of circles centered on where the sample lines cross the centerline; 2) draw the feature line with each vertex at the intersection of a circle and a sample line; 3) provide the elevation based on the elevation needed in the cross section. Yes, it would be more efficient to draw one long segment and let AutoCAD extrapolate the elevations, but our ditches never line up that neatly. A better question might be, is there a more efficient way to create a ditch in cross sections? Up until now, we've been doing all this by hand. Judging by the lack of discussion on this particular item, it's so easy nobody has problems, or they're doing it manually too.
  2. Hello - New here and new to lisps. One Question: (second question was answered on another thread) I found the xpipe and xtube lisp from another thread and it works but it has stopped working in one particular file. If I open a vanilla drawing, draw a pline, and do xpipe/xtube it works just fine. In the file I am working on however it does not want to work anymore. I have exited and reopened and reloaded the lisps. All I get in 2-d is a circle on one end of the pline. I have done audit and -purge and that still did not work. Any thoughts?
  3. sandiegophil

Alignment and profile problem

Hello all, I have received a redesign from a sub that is a bit problematic. I will explain it as best I can. The plan has a main road alignment. I have received a redesigned pipe design. I have the pipe alignment, no problem there. It runs along the road alignment, not parallel, and crosses from one side of the road alignment to the other in several places. The issue is with the pipe profile. The sub created, reused, my road alignment profile and drew their pipe profile on it. They labeled station and elevations on their profile. The stationing is based on the road alignment and elevations are for their pipe profile. Since their profile is drawn on the road profile it is 'stretched' in some areas and greatly foreshortened in others. Does someone know of a slick way for me to project the pipe profile elevations to the pipe alignment so I can generate a feature line? Civil only wants to place the points on the road alignment. I'd just do it manually but it's about 3,500' and a lot of points. Thanks in advance for any help or ideas. Phil Additional info There are only a very few pipe profile elevations that match the pipe alignment geometry points.