Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 16 results

1. Hi, I have my xref-drawings with many layouts with even more viewports. In all these viewports i wanna show different kind of information and therefore i have to freeze some of the them, depending of what i want to show ofc. Now i just realized i have to change all my layer names from the orginal drawing, and when i do that all the freezed layers unfreezes in my xref viewports. for ex. All my layers starting with B_..... and now i wanna change that to X_... but i still wanna keep the layers frozen/unfrozen on the particular viewport in my xref-file. I Hope you guys understand what im trying to say and hopefully someone will save me from this ¤!%"&/ :)
  2. Hello All, I have looked around a little bit and haven't been able to find the answer I am looking for. I know commands like LAYTHW AND LAYON. I also used the info from "Michael's Corner" latest post. Everything is turned on and everything is thawed. However, it does not thaw layers that are labeled as VP Freeze. Instead of going to the layer properties manager, select all, and thawing the layers that are frozen in the view port freeze, is there a way to thaw all of them with a simple command or a button that is already created or one that I can make in the CUI? As always, any and all comments are appreciated. I have a feeling ReMark, BlackBox, BIGAL may have some insight in to this, or at least point me in the right direction.
  3. Is it possible to create a macro, and turn that macro into a keyboard shortcut that will THAW, your most recent turned off layer, or layers if multiple were frozen at the same time? This would be super helpful if somebody could help me out here! Thanks, Matt W.
  4. I have a layer that seems to displaying incorrectly. I am trying to freeze "NoPlot" through a viewport. It is also freezing out on paperspace. Am I wrong in thinking it should only freeze "inside" the viewport? Test.dwg
  5. Hello, I'm a fairly new AutoCAD user (AutoCAD 2012 version) so there's probably a very simple answer to this. I have a "Master" drawing with one xref inside. Im producing drawings (layouts) from this master dwg file. Im trying to freeze individual layers within the xref, I can do this by using the Layer properties manager "VP freeze" column, this is very slow. What I would like to do is select an individual layer of the xref within the viewport and freeze it using the layer dropdown list at the top, however when I click one of the layers within the xref all the layers within the xref become selected. How can I select individual layers within the xref????? Thanks
  6. I'm running AutoCad Architecture 2013 on Win7 64bit. Installed VBA enabler for Acad2013 64bit version. When start the simple code below: Sub Example_GetPoint() Dim retPnt As Variant retPnt = ThisDrawing.Utility.GetPoint(, "Enter a point: ") ... ... ... ... End Sub It hangs up at "GetPoint". I can't switch to the AutoCAD window to select anything. The only way to get control back is to go to taskbar, right-click the AutoCAD icon and try to close it, then click cancel, I will get control back in VBA Editor. The same thing happens with "SelectOnSc​reen". But if I run this macro from Autocad directly, everything is fine. Does anyone have same experience or any advice? Thanks a lot.
  7. First of all, I wanna say that I'm a beginner in every autocad world. so please make it easy for me I have my autocad 2012 for students since a year ago, it perform really well. there are no problem with it, but last day when I try to plot a drawing, suddenly my autocad freeze when the plot job progress window showed. I then forced quit the application and try it again. and it happen again, the autocad freeze again (my cursor turn into loading-mode). After that, I got frustrated and forced to quit the application again and begin to try to plot another file. Then I make a new drawing with a simple rectangle on it and try to plot it. but still the same. the auto cad get freezed again. I then frustrated again and uninstall my auto cad 2012 students and replace it with Autocad 2013. But the thing is still the same, I always got my autocad freeze when try to plot to PDF. what should I do? I need help! please! there's nothing wrong with my computer, because there's nothing wrong with the autocad since last day. Note: The last dwg file I plotted is an exported file from sketch up 8. My computer OS is macintosh Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63) thank you and please help!
  8. Lee Mac

Advert Causing Browser to Freeze

My browser freezes whenever I view a CADTutor page displaying the following advert: Using FF17.0.1 Anyone else experience this?
  9. Hello, I typically work in autocad with the Layer Properties Manager open on my other screen (dual screen setup). I have been having no problem with freezing and other layer management tasks on other files. But on a particular file, the simple task of freezing a layer takes 20 seconds. Other simple tasks like saving and switching to a layout sheet also take near 30 seconds. There only seems to be a few files that ever do this to me....any ideas would be appreciated! I have all xrefs updated and she'd purged and audited. Also, does having the layer properties manager or properties manager dialogue windows open at all times dramatically complicate autocad's processes?
  10. I am working a lot with layers and since i am also working with sheet sets, it would be very nice to be able to freeze/unfreeze layers for the whole sheet set. Right now i need to freeze/unfreeze layers separately for each page which takes me a quite long time. Anyone have a solution to this? Thanks.
  11. Hi, I found and modify a lisp routine, I would like to know if it is on the right track. Also to mention that I don't really understand all the mechanics of it but first, here's what I want to achieve : -I have a Layer named "Arch - Niveau 1" -I would like to enter in the command prompt "a11" -It would read if the layer is frozen or thawed and if it is frozen, it will thaw it (? sorry bad english) And if the layer is thawed, it would freeze it That's it! What could be added is: To check up if the layer exists and if not, create it. Would do the same for 2 other layer named "Arch - Niveau 2" command "a22" and "Arch - Niveau 3" command "a33". Is it clear? Now the lisp I've found and modified is this: (defun c:a11 (/ lay ldef flag) (setq layn "Arch - Niveau 1") (command "_.LAYER") (if (not (tblsearch "LAYER" layn)) (command "_Make" layn) (progn (setq ldef (tblsearch "LAYER" layn) flag (cdr (assoc 70 ldef))) (and (= (logand flag 1) 1) (command "_Thaw" layn)) )) (command "") ) This lisp looks if it exists, if not, create it and only thaw the layer. I'm not sure I want to understand all the mechanics because I'm not enough familiar with the "not", the "progn" the "flag", "and" and "logand" (!!!!) Can you help me complete my lisp please? Thanks a lot !
  12. Hi everyone! I'm designing a computer case for fun and at a VERY beginner level and have not run in to too many problems so far, however, now I'm having some kind of rendering problem! I designed 4 identical fan grills using lines and the pattern function. I already created a grill out of one of them, but when I try to do another one, the program just says "Executing Create Grill Feature" and the cursor turns into the Windows loading cursor. If I click on the program, it says it's not responding. Is it freezing? My computer is plenty fast enough to render even advanced 3D models so I'm not sure what the issue is. I can attach the file upon request. Thanks is advance for any input!
  13. I have found this point today! If I want to trunoff/on some layers in different layouts, the best way is to use "vp freeze" column in layers properties manager. This way I can manipulate layers' visibility without altering them in MS or other layouts. Left to "vp freeze" column there is "new vp freeze". I don't know what is this one? Could somebody explain it and it's usability?
  14. Hi All, I have this strange issue here. I have a zip file attached here. It has a Folder called "Files" with two files in it. One is "Sheet.dwg" another is "XRef.dwg". XRef is attached using a relative path, hence it would load for you. In the sheet file, on the Layout, there is a paper space viewport. Inside the Viewport, I want to freeze the XRef layer (A-ANNO-TEXT) of the Room tag block (which is reading 71-223). When I use "_layfrz" command in this paperspace viewport and click the block, NOTHING HAPPENS.... Could someone please help me? It is very urgent.... Files.zip
  15. Hello All, I have a co-workers machine that freezes durring startup. He is running Acad ME 2010 and everything starts up correct until it get to " _RIBBON" in the command line. After that it just freezed and stops starting up. When I go into task manager it says its "not responding" I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Acad twice to no avail. Any ideas?
  16. Hi, well, here is my problem... First of all, the mouse works propertly in anyother application, even inside autocad, but at the moment I zoom to a desired area and try to select an specific point or just draw in there, it lost his stability and starts freezing, which makes impossible to select that point.. I don't now exactly how to explain it, but I'll try.... if I quit the zoom, I can select the point, but I can't see it with such precission, if I zoom then the pointer can be positioned near around that point, but not in there! It has happend a couple of times and it doesn't happen in all drawing, just in certain files, but it actually happens inside the same file but in different machines; I also tried using a different mouse with no different results; which lead me to believe the problem lies inside Autocad. I'll give a little information about my machine, anyway, so let's see if it can help. I'm using Autocad 2010. --------------------- Machine Configuration --------------------- Processor Speed : 2.8 GHz RAM : 3071 MB 3D Device --------- Name : NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS Manufacturer : NVIDIA Chip set : GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS Memory : 512.0 MB Driver : 6.14.0011.7519