Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 6 results

1. Hi, I'm modeling for excavations on GPS. The software on the excavators is Trimble Earthworks. I can use file flipper to convert a LandXML file (even a dxf) to a usable format for the machines. My problem: I can export to dxf and only get lines... tin surfaces can't be extracted from a dxf..... I can export to LandXML, but i don't know how to export the lines. The export only seems to use the tin surface.... Anyone has a method? Thanks!!! w0677 0610.dwg w0677 0610-2.dxf
  2. I want lisp to get at the beginning and end of each polyline of the Elevation Label Label Sample.dwg
  3. bachrock

Won't Rotate

I'm trying to rotate this TIN surface, but it won't rotate. I select it, do the ROTATE command, pick the rotation while seeing the how the surface will look, click, and nothing happens. An alignment won't rotate either. The polylines I just made will rotate though. Anyone know what might be going wrong? EDIT: The items that won't rotate are data references. I assume that's why they won't rotate. There must be something extra I need to do to rotate them?
  4. Hello, I am pretty new to LDD and can not figure out how to crate a TIN from design contours. The design contours are polylines. If there is a step by step tutorial on how do do this, that would be great. I have been looking but have not found anything. Thanks for the help!
  5. I am just beginning to create TIN models, and was curious how much time people spend actually perusing the triangles for anomalies or mistakes or even how efficient they were created? Mine are not that big, and in a couple of hours i can look at each TIN for efficiency but is that a poor use of time? I am not sure how well to trust the TIN model! TIA, Darren
  6. Currently, I am trying to make a TIN from predefined contours of both the existing ground as well as the proposed ground so that I can perform volume computations. I am able to create the surface but the problem I am having is getting the units of the contours and the units of the surface to agree. For example, I was given a file from the surveyors that has contour lines with elevations ranging from 175 to 185 feet. When I make a TIN surface from the contours, it converts the elevations of the contours into feet, making my surface elevations range from approx. 14.5 to 15.5 feet and thus throwing off the volume calculations but a factor of 12^3. Can anyone help me get this straigtened out? Is there a setting that I am missing or something to cause this to happen?